Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   So Donnie's gone (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81376)

InspiredLebowski 03-24-2008 02:46 PM

So Donnie's gone

Saw the press conference, can't find a link yet, but it's definitely true, it came from Donnie's mouth. Said he has the utmost confidence in Larry returning the Pacers to contender status.

Way to make me look like an idiot Donnie. Just don't go to the Knicks. I've been saying all along he'll stay or retire. So far I'm 0 for 1.

Edit: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS04/803240405

Moose 03-24-2008 03:04 PM

Re: So Donnie's gone

You wait and see, out with the trash (Thomas) and in with the new.

InspiredLebowski 03-24-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose
You wait and see, out with the trash (Thomas) and in with the new.

Yeah, the track record of teams getting rid of Zeke is pretty good. (/sarcasm)

jbot 03-24-2008 06:28 PM

quit whining over it. who cares?

PacerRaptor 03-24-2008 09:04 PM

definetly a sad day. I thought Donnie was staying. I dont think he'll go to any other team, I think hes going to retire

InspiredLebowski 03-24-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
definetly a sad day. I thought Donnie was staying. I dont think he'll go to any other team, I think hes going to retire

ESPN says he's taken a deal to go to the Knicks at the end of the year. Maybe he'll trade us David Lee, Marbury, and a their 1st rounder next year then quit the next day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
quit whining over it. who cares?

Who/what are you talking about?

PacerRaptor 03-24-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
ESPN says he's taken a deal to go to the Knicks at the end of the year. Maybe he'll trade us David Lee, Marbury, and a their 1st rounder next year then quit the next day.

Donnie is such a sellout. Obvious NY has to rebuild, theres no other choice. At 67 years old, have fun :cheers:

mateo31 03-24-2008 09:57 PM

Donnie Walsh did a lot for the franchise and is a class act. I wish him nothing but the best. :applause: :applause:

catzhernandez 03-24-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mateo31
Donnie Walsh did a lot for the franchise and is a class act. I wish him nothing but the best. :applause: :applause:

100% co-sign.

'nuff said.

jbot 03-24-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

Who/what are you talking about?

walsh.

yeah, yeah he was a pretty good gm for us but he's wanting to leave because he feels he's "in the way" for somebody else in line (i.e. he's jumping ship). does this mean bird is moving up and someone is gonna take his spot?

catzhernandez 03-24-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
walsh.

yeah, yeah he was a pretty good gm for us but he's wanting to leave because he feels he's "in the way" for somebody else in line (i.e. he's jumping ship). does this mean bird is moving up and someone is gonna take his spot?

That's the way I took it.

paceyourself 03-25-2008 06:06 AM

What a bummer.

ItsMillerTime 03-25-2008 11:58 AM

So even upper management is giving up on this team.

Terrific!

jbot 03-25-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
So even upper management is giving up on this team.

Terrific!

exactly.

ItsMillerTime 03-25-2008 02:44 PM

I'm going to the game tonight... Hornets are going to light us up.