Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   We May Get Magloire & Mo Williams (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=834)

bonez26 06-09-2006 01:59 PM

We May Get Magloire & Mo Williams

There was an article in the Racine journal today that there are whispers of a trade with Milwaukee Bucks:

Charlie V. and Mo Pete

For

Magloire and Mo Williams

Does this mean their looking to take Bargnani, Morrison, Roy or Gay

our lineup projecting forward:

PG: Mo Williams/ Caldron /Ukic
SG: Graham/ Bobby Jones/Alvin
SF: Morrison/Bonner/Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries/FA
C: Magloire/Garbajosa/Sow

not a bad lineup...what would you think if this were to go down? Opinions

Dr.Funk 06-09-2006 02:02 PM

That trade blows a fat one.

traditionone 06-09-2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonez26
There was an article in the Racine journal today that there are whispers of a trade with Milwaukee Bucks:

Charlie V. and Mo Pete

For

Magloire and Mo Williams

Does this mean their looking to take Bargnani, Morrison, Roy or Gay

our lineup projecting forward:

PG: Mo Williams/ Caldron /Ukic
SG: Graham/ Bobby Jones/Alvin
SF: Morrison/Bonner/Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries/FA
C: Magloire/Garbajosa/Sow

not a bad lineup...what wopuld you think if this were to go down? Opinions

If Toronto does this trade, Raptors fans should riot in the streets.

Do not trade Villanueva. You need a center, take Aldridge. Find a point elsewhere. Brevin Knight for example.

J Miles 23 06-09-2006 02:14 PM

yeah thats a pretty bad trade maybe like magloire and mo williams for 1 and someone..but the first trade is awful

Chamberlain 06-09-2006 02:50 PM

I hope thats a rumor and only a rumor. That would be horrible for Toronto. I don't really think I need an explanation as to why.

Bourne 06-09-2006 03:26 PM

I wouldn't trade villy for both of them (that might be a stretch because yu never know, mags could have an all-star season, though unlikely) nor would I trade mo pete for either.

T-Low 06-09-2006 04:00 PM

OK this is how I take it. More media hype for something that won't happen. BC sees what potential Villanueva has and won't trade him. Mo Pete won't be traded for his excellent defense UNLESS a good trade comes up. But don't wait for a Villy trade rumour to come up because there won't be any.

Zalendar 06-09-2006 04:02 PM

I don't like that trade at all!

albertpujols 06-10-2006 12:03 AM

Doubt it.

Jerm 06-10-2006 12:31 AM

I'll do it because I see it this way.

If Charlie Villanueva blows up, he has a similar game to Bosh and his game won't really complement Bosh's. This is exactly the big man's version of TMac/Carter. We have no choice but to let one of them go.

We get Magloire who will fill our needs at centre and we get a capable PG who isn't boneheaded. Graham will be able to develop at the 2 and we'll find a way to fill the SF spot through the draft. It will get us set for NOW. The future?...Who knows what that may bring. We need to retain fans and get the ship moving.

I'll prefer the #1pick for Brevin Knight and #3 pick. That one will be perfect.

power works 06-10-2006 12:31 AM

:wtf:

Yeah, I donít like the idea of trading Charlie V. I get the feeling next year will be his breakout season.

If we trade for Magloire and for some reason he leaves after next season (unlikely since heís from TO but possible), you wouldíve traded Charlie V for Mo Williams ---- and that brings back memories of Rob(bed) Babcock. :banghead:

Also Iím not sure Magloire fits the uptempo style that Colangelo teams usually play.

Hate to see iron man Mo-Pete leave too, heís the Raptorís best perimeter defender.

OK, Iíll get to the point this trade sucks. :no:

Chamberlain 06-10-2006 12:45 AM

I think the trade is Mo Pete or Charlie V.

Bigtortiaman 06-10-2006 09:14 AM

Do not trade charlie v....we will live to regret it

Pistol Pete 06-10-2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm
I'll do it because I see it this way.

If Charlie Villanueva blows up, he has a similar game to Bosh and his game won't really complement Bosh's. This is exactly the big man's version of TMac/Carter. We have no choice but to let one of them go.

The problem with this logic is, is that you should wait until Charlie Villaneuva blows up. If you feel that Charlie Villaneuva will eventually blow up into something that resembles a 20 point, 9 rebound player - then you should just hold onto him. His value will be at a big high at that point if he's only around 25 or 26 years old, at that point you can get some serious assets for him which can really help improve the team.

You should just wait til he develops then trade him if he just isn't fitting in, it's like why sell an asset at a low when you know in two or three years you can get five times the value for it. Hold onto it, let him improve and develop, and then move him if it becomes necessary. We shouldn't be ready and eager to move the runner-up in the rookie of the year voting, especially when the player he lost too looks like he'll be a hall of fame point guard. Villaneuva has shown way too much promise to move him right now.

mkvli 06-10-2006 07:10 PM

wasnt it I who mentioned it first? magzz and mo. do it colangelo!