Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Orlando Magic Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What did you see from Darko Milicic last season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 03:26 PM

What did you see from Darko Milicic last season

Talk about Darko's game, what you saw from him once he started getting minutes

Shogon 06-09-2006 04:46 PM

Great post moves. Extremely soft touch around the basket. Great form on his jump shot and great accuracy.

Highly lacking in the confidence department which leads to that excellent shot of his being off. Kind of timid on the glass...

Excellent court vision, great passing, maybe the best help shotblocker in the league, excellent 1 on 1 defender when he is actually trying, but above average defensively overall.

If his mind turns up right, he might end up being the best player in the league, but it's doubtful.

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith 06-09-2006 05:29 PM

7i

Shogon where'z nastywin at?

Shogon 06-09-2006 05:30 PM

Not sure... you him? LOL.

TheReturnofCed 06-09-2006 09:52 PM

I agree with Shogun completley. I see Darko in the same light as a rookie Garnett.

WildStyle 06-09-2006 11:55 PM

The main thing that will help Darko is confidence and experience. Once he has those 2 things going for him there is no telling what he can become. I don't think I've ever seen a guy 7'1'' with his combination of quickness, defense, shooting and passing skills. The guy really can be special. I just hope it's with us.

bigboi_baller 06-11-2006 01:24 PM

rasheed callin darko a gangster made me an instant fan

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith 06-12-2006 05:03 PM

dfs

Kid's a bust.

Accept this and move on.

Chamberlain 06-14-2006 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
Kid's a bust.

Accept this and move on.

Can't call him a bust yet. He never had a chance in Detroit, and when given a chance in Orlando he played pretty well. Im not sure he'll be a superstar but definetly not a bust.

Raildog 06-20-2006 09:33 AM

Would he have been Number 1 in this draft had he not come out 3 years ago?

I think he could have been!

DrewDaGreat 06-22-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogon
Great post moves. Extremely soft touch around the basket. Great form on his jump shot and great accuracy.

Highly lacking in the confidence department which leads to that excellent shot of his being off. Kind of timid on the glass...

Excellent court vision, great passing, maybe the best help shotblocker in the league, excellent 1 on 1 defender when he is actually trying, but above average defensively overall.

If his mind turns up right, he might end up being the best player in the league, but it's doubtful.

I think you're right. I don't think any Magic fan can say they're not excited about Darko.

det2orl 06-23-2006 05:33 PM

i agree completely. He has a chance to be an all-star but will definitely be a very solid close to dbl-dbl guy and will challenge for the league lead in blks in a couple of yrs. All that plus he can face up the opposing bigs and take them off the dribble or shoot the J. That trade will go down as the best Magic Deal ever. Getting Darko and Arroyo for a steaming pile of dung, brilliant!!!

huppcap 07-04-2006 10:01 PM

I am a Raptor fan; live in Toronto area.

Anyhow, funny how much criticism Milicic has received. In some of the postings in the Raptors section there were discussion (and criticisms) regarding why we picked a european #1 this year and compared Bargnani past european players who failed (one being Milicic).

Last I checked Milicic just turned 21. Still a young guy. Nobody considers that he played behind several veteren players in Detroit for Larry Brown for 2 years. Brown I don't believe likes to develop players. As well it was a team built to win a championship already not rebuilding. How is a young player going to develop in that situation? Maybe he did not deserve to be taken so high however he can play and as stated he needs to gain confidence which will happen as he plays more. There are flashes of a very good player. Another 3 years and he will still only be 24 and should be a lot better.

The Magic have some good young talent and the future is looking brighter.

vagabond 07-04-2006 11:14 PM

I think worst case scenario darko would be 10-12ppg 5-7rpg 2-3bpg in a starting roll for the magic, not bad for a 21 yr old guy, who in a more realistic veiw of his experience is the equvilent of a 2nd year guy, considering how little he played with Detriot.

half a year away from Detroit people are ligtimately talking about him with similar enthusiasm as when he was the #2 draft pick.

I am most interested to see how far this guy will take himself with Orlandos help. His potential ceiling is up there.

Milicic and Howard has the potential to be a dominating big man combo as scary as any seen before

huppcap 07-05-2006 10:22 AM

Both those Milicic and Howard are 7 or 8 years away from their peak. The possibility of those two playing together for many years could be scary for the other NBA teams.