Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   76ers extend qualifying offers to Iguodala and Williams (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93224)

artificial 06-26-2008 09:47 AM

76ers extend qualifying offers to Iguodala and Williams
 
Quote:

76ers extend qualifying offers to Iguodala and Williams

Philadelphia 76ers President and General Manager Ed Stefanski announced today that the team has extended qualifying offers to restricted free agents Andre Iguodala and Lou Williams. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.

In accordance with the league’s collective bargaining agreement, in order for a team to retain its right of first refusal with respect to a restricted free agent, the team must tender the player a qualifying offer prior to June 30. A restricted free agent may sign an offer sheet with any team, but is subject to a right of first refusal with the team for which the player last played.
link


So we still have to see what kind of offers they get. Let's hope Philly can keep them without the cost being too high (I'm praying some team doesn't offers Iggy a ridiculous deal).

Posterize246 06-27-2008 01:40 PM

Re: 76ers extend qualifying offers to Iguodala and Williams
 
Iggy would only leave by sign and trade. Lou Williams isn't going anywhere. They'll match it

76ers4life 06-28-2008 09:36 PM

Re: 76ers extend qualifying offers to Iguodala and Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by artificial
link


So we still have to see what kind of offers they get. Let's hope Philly can keep them without the cost being too high (I'm praying some team doesn't offers Iggy a ridiculous deal).

I hear ya that's what im hoping too. These guys are key pieces to or success
but ,this is a buisness and if the dollar gets too rich than we have to part ways.

Posterize246 06-28-2008 10:37 PM

Re: 76ers extend qualifying offers to Iguodala and Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76ers4life
I hear ya that's what im hoping too. These guys are key pieces to or success
but ,this is a buisness and if the dollar gets too rich than we have to part ways.

The dollar can only get rich for Lou. No other team has the money we can offer to Iggy

76ers4life 06-29-2008 12:32 AM

Re: 76ers extend qualifying offers to Iguodala and Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
The dollar can only get rich for Lou. No other team has the money we can offer to Iggy

Yeah that's going to be interesting to see what kind of offers Lou will get hope they don't get to high. One thing I know for sure is other teams watch your players just as much as you do. Iguodala could be a problem he turned down last years offer so how much more could he possibly want. He seems to have over valued his own self wanting superstar money just rediculous.

artificial 06-29-2008 10:30 AM

Re: 76ers extend qualifying offers to Iguodala and Williams
 
Iguodala seems to want franchise player-type money. The only thing is he is not -nor will be- a franchise player. Good thing is, it's very unlikely any team throws him that, because few things have that money to begin with. However, if it somehow happened, I think it would be better to let him go.

Williams... well, we all want to keep him for cheap. Not very smart to give him too much money, as he is just a sixth man. But he is becoming a very good sixth man. Reminds me a little of a young Bobby Jackson.

76ers4life 06-29-2008 11:48 AM

Re: 76ers extend qualifying offers to Iguodala and Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by artificial
Iguodala seems to want franchise player-type money. The only thing is he is not -nor will be- a franchise player. Good thing is, it's very unlikely any team throws him that, because few things have that money to begin with. However, if it somehow happened, I think it would be better to let him go.

Williams... well, we all want to keep him for cheap. Not very smart to give him too much money, as he is just a sixth man. But he is becoming a very good sixth man. Reminds me a little of a young Bobby Jackson.

I agree which makes me wonder what was Andre trying to accomplish by turning dow that extension. It kind of put us in a bind this year. We should only have to worry about Lou and free agency. Now we have three issues Lou free agency and Andre. If it comes down to letting him go than so be it, but I want something in return.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy