Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Summer league game 4 (win vs Suns) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96460)

Myth 07-20-2008 01:30 AM

Summer league game 4 (win vs Suns)
 
Bayless was amazing, especially in the 2nd half. He had 36 points, and I can't remember exactly, but he only had like 9 points of his 36 in the first half (making 27 in the 2nd if what I said is correct). Bayless also hit the game winning shot.

Koponen struggled to score, but was better running the point today. Five assists, 1 turnover.

blazerjimmy 07-20-2008 01:36 AM

Re: Summer league game 4 (win vs Suns)
 
Was out weed-eating, missed the end of the game.....dang it!!! So, do you think we sign Koponen?

Grinder 07-20-2008 01:42 AM

Re: Summer league game 4 (win vs Suns)
 
The Blazers roster is the envy of every basketball fan these days.

I think they should sign Koponen, sure it would take the last roster spot, but honestly with the depth they have at every position, signing this guy before other teams notice how good he is would be the best choice.

Myth 07-20-2008 02:01 AM

Re: Summer league game 4 (win vs Suns)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
Was out weed-eating, missed the end of the game.....dang it!!! So, do you think we sign Koponen?


You are suppose to smoke that stuff, not eat it. :)

I hope we sign Koponen. I'd say it is 50/50.

new noise 07-20-2008 02:29 AM

Re: Summer league game 4 (win vs Suns)
 
What's the thought there in Portland about Bayless' position on the team? Ridiculous scorer, but he's had what, five or six assists combined in 4 games? Does he start right away at PG with Roy on the floor to take on the playmaking duties, with Blake/Fernandez backing them up?

What about Koponen, is he a lock for the roster?

You bastards. Enjoy the 17 championships you're bound to win.

Myth 07-20-2008 03:17 AM

Re: Summer league game 4 (win vs Suns)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by new noise
What's the thought there in Portland about Bayless' position on the team? Ridiculous scorer, but he's had what, five or six assists combined in 4 games? Does he start right away at PG with Roy on the floor to take on the playmaking duties, with Blake/Fernandez backing them up?

What about Koponen, is he a lock for the roster?

You bastards. Enjoy the 17 championships you're bound to win.


Wow, apparently our guys are going to have long careers. Thanks for the comp anyway.

I'm starting to get excited about the idea of a Roy/Bayless and a Blake/Fernandez pairing. Though, I think Bayless will have to earn his spot over Blake, which may take a little time. What would be great about it though is that Roy and Blake are each play makers while Bayless and Fernandez are scorers, so matching Roy with one of the scorers and Blake with the other could be wise.

And no, Koponen isn't a lock. I hope he makes it though. I'd say 50/50 chance.

blazerjimmy 07-20-2008 12:21 PM

Re: Summer league game 4 (win vs Suns)
 
:lol What's bad, is that I read that and went "huh"!!!!! That was good!!!:roll:

Watching him play, I think Koponen should be able to play both guard spots - defensively he might get hurt guarding bigger guards that might try to post him up.....I'm hoping we sign him though.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
You are suppose to smoke that stuff, not eat it. :)

I hope we sign Koponen. I'd say it is 50/50.


BlazersDozen 07-20-2008 04:09 PM

Re: Summer league game 4 (win vs Suns)
 
It is way more than 50/50 right now.

I'd say 70/30 or 75/25 that Kopponen is signed.

Myth 07-20-2008 04:21 PM

Re: Summer league game 4 (win vs Suns)
 
I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed. :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy