Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-08-2007, 04:25 AM   #31
ohhh yeaah
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ohhh yeaah has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jamal Crawford or Jr Smith??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisConley
Crawford is better than Smith, but I must say Crawford sucks. He is streaky as all heck (he'll shoot 65% one night then 30% for 5 straight nights), his ballhandling skills are not all that (he uses that one move most of the time: crossover pull it back fadeaway), and he is not at all clutch. Because Isiah puts the ball in his hands so much, it looks like he's clutch when he makes 20% of his game winners. In one game (I think that one where Lee tipped in the game winner with 0.1 secs left), I saw Crawford miss 3 game winners. In one game!! Why don't they give it to Steph!!?? It's ridiculous! He can penetrate at will, or at least draw the foul. I'm so sick of... "Knicks down by one, Crawford dribbling at the top of the arc, 5 left on the game clock, crossover, fadeaway, for 3... no good... Knicks lose." He takes 3pters when the Knicks are down one or tied!? Are you kidding me!?

he may the the same crossover but he seems to catch every1 cause they dont know if he is driving or shootinh
ohhh yeaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:56 AM   #32
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
It's frightening to see someone that is unanimously voted as an even worst player than Crawford. And there's really no disputing it either.

JR Smith is one of the worst basketball players in the entire NBA. I'll leave it at that.

That's supposed to be a dumb little joke right?

First off Crawfords a really good player. 2nd of all JR is only 21 years old, and again is probably a better scorer than Crawford is now.

JR could've and most likely would've finished the season with 20ppg or extremely close to it 18+ had it not been for him moving down due to the AI trade. Yet in about 23 minutes he still finished with 13ppg and a pretty good percentage. He's could be a 22 and 5 player. And he's not a bad passer or ball handler, in fact, pretty damned good at both.

He was just the odd man out last year and had some hiccups (suspension, surgery, Karl). But he's good enough to sneak into an allstar game one day.

His only real problem is that he's not a serious professional, yet unlike some guys that fit that description, he still puts the production up on the court. He's just never gonna be a franchise guy, luckily the Nugz have Melo and for that matter AI.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:10 AM   #33
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

JR is the kind of guy that will be going along nicely, and will all of a sudden make a stupid play, leaving everyone who doesnt watch him at all the feeling that he is a stupid, incompetent and terrible player. This is not in fact true. Sure, he lacks maturity, but he is 21. Yes, i know there a lot of 21 y.o. players loaded with maturity, but it takes others some time.

Right now, Crawford is indeed the better player, but to say JR is a worthless player going nowhere is just absurd. If he played the same minutes his numbers would be very similar too.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #34
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
JR could've and most likely would've finished the season with 20ppg or extremely close to it 18+ had it not been for him moving down due to the AI trade. Yet in about 23 minutes he still finished with 13ppg and a pretty good percentage. He's could be a 22 and 5 player. And he's not a bad passer or ball handler, in fact, pretty damned good at both.

You're terrible, you really are. When did you turn into such a .......
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 AM   #35
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

JR was averaging just under 17ppg before the suspension IIRC. For a so called "worst player in the nba, i would say thats quite an achievement.

Though, im not particularly sold on his ball handling, seems careless at times. With that in mind, he definitely has the potential to improve.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #36
Jakez On Point11
I brick open layups

Jakez On Point11 has an OK reputation so far

Crawford by far. One of the best 2s in the game and clutch.

JR is below decent at best.
Jakez On Point11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #37
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

ChrisConley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
dude wtf are you talking about.. why would they give it to marbury, because he can "penetrate at will"? you just described crawford. his ball handling skills arent all that? are you serious? have you ever seen him play? he has so many moves its crazy.

Sorry man, Crawford = overpaid garbage. Honestly I'd probably prefer JR on the Knicks b/c he wouldn't hog up as many shots (Crawford is a career 40% FG shooter which in my mind is horrible). In my opinion, if the Knicks are playing basketball, and they're down one or tied, I'd rather see an unbelievably nasty penetrating point guard go to the hoop and at worst draw the foul, than see a non-clutch (no matter how many knuckleheads want to say he is clutch) 40% career FG shooter take a fadeaway 3. I've watched almost every Knicks game for the past few years and I haven't seen "so many moves it's crazy" come from Jamal Crawford. His cross is nice. It's one move and he usually fades and misses. It works when he goes to the rim and puts up that floater. I'd much rather see him attempt that when the game is on the line. His defense is definitely a redeemable quality (comes up with big steals now and again).
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:48 AM   #38
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

there are tons of players more overpaid than crawford, he just gets the label cuz hes on the knicks. same with Q
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: