Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Blake Griffin vs Michael Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I already said they posted similar athletic stats though I think Beasley is going to be better due to being more skilled.

Posters before me were pretty much saying he was going to be a beast because of how athletic he is. Fact is, Beasley is just as athletic.
    And no, from a few pre season games and summer league games we don't get the full picture of his athleticism. Beasley has dunked on the likes of Pau and other NBA starters.

Get a clue.
    You're telling people to get a clue, but I think you're putting too much stock in skill set, or versatility, and not enough in overall impact. Blake, with his power game, in combination with his passing skills (better than Beasley's) and ability to get his hands on steals and block shots (also better), could have more of an impact than Beasely's more perimeter oriented jump shooting game, at least IMO. Blake could potentially finish a season making half of his field goals, which I think Beasley will struggle to do when taking a high volume of shots in the NBA. He took over 100 three's last season in Miami, yet only made 28, that's either falling in love with his three point shot, too much settling for jumpshots, or bad shot selection. Considering Blake has similar measurements (though I think he's about an inch taller, and 20 pounds heavier), he's probably going to utilize his frame much better/more often I think. It's not all about athleticism for the sake of it, it's about how it's used, and Griffin uses it well and showed no signs of it not translating in the summer league / preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    You're telling people to get a clue, but I think you're putting too much stock in skill set, or versatility, and not enough in overall impact. Blake, with his power game, in combination with his passing skills (better than Beasley's) and ability to get his hands on steals and block shots (also better), could have more of an impact than Beasely's more perimeter oriented jump shooting game, at least IMO. Blake could potentially finish a season making half of his field goals, which I think Beasley will struggle to do when taking a high volume of shots in the NBA. He took over 100 three's last season in Miami, yet only made 28, that's either falling in love with his three point shot, too much settling for jumpshots, or bad shot selection. Considering Blake has similar measurements (though I think he's about an inch taller, and 20 pounds heavier), he's probably going to utilize his frame much better/more often I think. It's not all about athleticism for the sake of it, it's about how it's used, and Griffin uses it well and showed no signs of it not translating in the summer league / preseason.
    I'm telling him to get a clue due to summarising my posts as something they're not. It's fine if he disagrees, though don't make it seem as if I'm saying something I'm not.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Good post. I've based the whole bust/star predicament over work ethic.. There's players who have an insane amount of skillset but no work ethic and they end up not being as good as they're supposed to be. Then there are guys who are not too skilled or athletic, but work hard (Guys like Varejao, Oberto, Kevin Love, Brand in his Clippers days, etc.. They do have skill and athleticism but their focal point was their work ethic) that get to where they are mostly because of their work ethic.

Well Blake Griffin is all of that and more, and strong as hell while also being super athletic. The best thing about his is his cardio.. The dude's energy never ends!! Those 11 hour sand dune training sessions made his 7 hour a day workouts at Oklahoma feel like nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98
    once again a thread taken out of context

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    once again a thread taken out of context
    some people really whiffed on their evaluation of beasley (myself included), what context are we missing here?

Dunking on everybody in the park hawke812's Avatar

Blake Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    blake griffin and blake griffin.

Alstradomous

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    blake griffin and blake griffin.

Thread should have been done after this post.