Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Good game tonight

What a win for the pistons they played some of the best D i have ever seen they shut the Clippers down holding them to under 80 point the final score is 103 to 79
now the pistons are 4-1
what do you guys think about the game they played tonight
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Good game tonight

Yeah, it was pretty good d. The Clippers injuries have hurt them a lot. They are lottery bound this year. Although Detroit did hold them to only 79 a big portion of the scoring for the Clips was down low. I'm still a little leary of Detroits big men. Chicago tore them up last night and now a depleted Clippers team was able to score on them down low. Kaman shouldn't put up 25 points on us. I know I'm being a little nit picky but with someone like KG in the East now, it makes me wonder how Detroit is going to match up.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

go_blue has an OK reputation so far

that game was pretty sweat are D took over and shut them down. And are offense didnt do that bad either. Holding tham to under 80 points. I wish are big man would of done a lil bit better the clips had a lot of the poionts of are big man
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Yeah, it was pretty good d. The Clippers injuries have hurt them a lot. They are lottery bound this year. Although Detroit did hold them to only 79 a big portion of the scoring for the Clips was down low. I'm still a little leary of Detroits big men. Chicago tore them up last night and now a depleted Clippers team was able to score on them down low. Kaman shouldn't put up 25 points on us. I know I'm being a little nit picky but with someone like KG in the East now, it makes me wonder how Detroit is going to match up.

I agree. Like I keep saying, I think our frontline would improve in terms of defense and rebounding if Maxiel and Johnson are played more.

I feel that Amir is the best rebounder on our team.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Kaman shouldn't put up 25 points on us.
hes been doing it to everybody this year almost. I was a little worried about how paul davis came in and got his from the 5 as well. Very good game from the stones, but defending quality bigs amyt be a problem as you point out.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #6
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

We didn't double him, and his size gave us fits. Add to that Tim Thomas lurking on the outside opened the middle up for him to play inside well. Kaman can get his, because he's not going to beat us alone. Playing everyone else straight up is our best chance of beating them, and it worked.

In some ways, their lineup is like a poor man's Pistons because of the way they're able to stretch the defense. Cassell is like an older version of Billups, Tim Thomas is an outside shooter like Rasheed, but without much else. We had two jumpshooting teams, and the better one won.

I'm just glad we get to play the Clippers while half their team is sitting out. They can win on any given night, but probably not most nights. That's what jumpshooting can do for you.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: