Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #16
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Re: First gaming memories

Racing my Dad in Atari 2600's Grand Prix.

Playing my Dad in a nightly game of Hockey for the NES. I never had the fat guy on my team.

A promise from my parents that they'd buy me a Genesis (brand new at the time) if I saved up half the money, and realizing just how much yard work you'd have to do to save up $75. And then playing Sonic for seven days straight after I finally got it.

Apparently I need to give Pops a ring tonight and reminisce.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:40 AM   #17
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh I tell a lie about my first gaming experience. It wasn't our first PC at all. I remember getting a Sega Game Gear! I think I got it Christmas 1993 or 94. Absolutely amazing piece of kit at the time, and having a portable games console at that time made you extra cool round where I lived.

Had some pretty cool games for it as well. Some not so cool as well, but I was only 5-6 at the time!

The Jungle Book
Cool Spot
5 in 1 Fun Pack (Tennis, Football/Soccer, Rallying, Tetris and 1 I can't remember)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Mickey's Ultimate Challenge
Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco Grand Prix II (My favourite game)

And yes, I still got it Not played it in years, but have no intention of selling it for a while.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #18
out|hoops|side
Banned

out|hoops|side has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Is he really your little brother?

If so why did he stop posting?

I know he posted about it somewhere else. Basically it is because it ate up a ton of his time, he couldn't not be on, and he was the Commish for the Ultimate ISH All-Time Season which took up more time. He is an extremely conscientious student and wasn't getting much homework done because of ISH, I don't know that his grades were slipping, but that his what he was afraid of.
out|hoops|side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #19
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

First gaming memories was my SNES, but then i got a N64 the day it came out. I was only person i knew to have one. Playing on Super Mario 64 was great. Me n my bro used to fight over it Until we got mario kart (our first 2 player for the N64)

Also playing on my grandads PC on Indiana Jones thos were the days
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #20
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I remember playing Mario Bros and Original Zelda on NES when I was about 3 or 4. Unfortunately, I was too young to grab the concept of running and jump timing in Mario, and I would just go exploring and get myself stuck somewhere in Zelda. But being 3 or 4, I didn't know any better, so it's pretty cool when I played those 2 games about 2 years ago and was able to beat the game. I remember getting SNES and I watched my Bro beat Mario World... That was the first time I've ever seen a video game get beaten and it eventually became the first video game I've ever beaten. I started to cry after beating Bowser in that clown balloon or whatever you call it for the first time. I also remember kicking the crap out of Doom when it first came out.

I remember how happy I was when I got a N64 for my birthday. I also got Diddy Kong Racing, NBA Courtside 2, and Goldeneye. Goldeneye is one of my all time favorites. I became really good at that game. I almost got every single cheat(still had a hard time with the Facility cheat). I was able to beat Aztec on 00 Agent.

It took me about a year after it came out to finally get a PS2. Played my all time favorite game, GTA SA(Can't wait till 4).

Finally got myself a 360 about 2 months ago. Now, I play the sh*t out of Guitar Hero 3 and eventually, GTA4. It's crazy how video game technology developed. You went fromsomething so simple like pong, to something as complex as CoD4, GTA4, even GH3... Who knew I would be having so much fun with a plastic guitar with 5 fret buttons?
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #21
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco Grand Prix II (My favourite game)

that game was the mutt's nuts! clocked so many hours on that one! might just have to dig that one out next time im around my parent's house.

also liked terminator 2 the arcade game. early 90's portable rail shooter ftw!
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:42 PM   #22
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

oh yeah, and playing Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego on school PCs.

and of course u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r,b,a,start
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:16 AM   #23
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy

that game was the mutt's nuts! clocked so many hours on that one! might just have to dig that one out next time im around my parent's house.

also liked terminator 2 the arcade game. early 90's portable rail shooter ftw!

Agreed, it was the first game I was ever hooked on. I used to yelp with happiness everytime I passed Senna
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: