Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #16
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bulls Summer Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
I'd love to get Carmello. I know alot of people dont like his attitude and his swagger, but he's the kind of young talent this team needs. we should be open to trade anyone on this team for him. He's not the best defender, but were a good defensive team. Its a small sacrifice for a boost on offense, cause right now our offense sucks. I doubt the nuggets deal him, but Paxson should put together a package anyway. Maybe a sign and trade of Deng, Hinrich, and the pick would make Denver consider. However they may want Thomas instead of Hinrich, but i'd give him up too.

Do you have no sense in the business aspect of the NBA? They have contracts, you have to match those in order to do a trade.

Hinrich and Deng together after a sign and trade with Deng would be over 20 million. Melo makes like 13.5 million. Wouldn't even be close to working.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #17
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Do you have no sense in the business aspect of the NBA? They have contracts, you have to match those in order to do a trade.

Hinrich and Deng together after a sign and trade with Deng would be over 20 million. Melo makes like 13.5 million. Wouldn't even be close to working.

First of all dude you need to relax. Second, I know all about the business aspects of the NBA. I was just jotting down a few ideas to make the deal work. Obviously Denver would have to give up another player to make the contracts match. (most likely trash) But we have to give up alot to get anything good in return cause we dont have a star caliber player to offer. Theres a ton of teams putting together packages this offseason, so you have to consider the competition. I would've typed those ideas more clearly the 1st time had I known you were such a jack a$$!

Last edited by Ring#7 : 05-18-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #18
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

I like the Melo idea well enough. With Melo we are still young and able to grow, but would Deng and Hinrich fetch him? Then we could draft Augustin or something with the 9th pick, that would be a solid team. Also go out and try to sign a Brevin Knight or something.. some veteran PG presence to teach DJ the ropes, and obviously as insurance, since I don't like Hughes or Gordon or Thabo running the point.

As for my Oneal/VC idea, I was thinking that our role players are good enough to do their thing and win now.. so let's get stars that are able to win now. I don't think we're in a rebuilding mode.. I think we're in a "add one more star and we're just about there" mode. Well, not one MORE because we don't even have one yet.. but I think that we have solid enough pieces that if we theoretically did a Hughes for Kobe, Wade, Lebron swap that we'd be in the ECF. That reason alone is why I was going after two older stars... because I truly believe that our team is ready to win now, we just currently have no one to take the lead and be that all-star player that every good to great team needs.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #19
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Now that we have the first pick, here are the feasible options that I see that we have (and that I want):
1) Draft Beasley.
Hinrich - Duhon
Hughes - Gordon - thabo
Deng - Noc
Gooden - TT
Noah - Gray

Very solid lineup with a go-to scorer (finally!)

2) Trade the pick to the Twolves for their #3, and next year's 1st rounder. Draft Gordon, Love, Mayo, Lopez... one of those 4. If a guard is drafted, we need to trade Gordon for a solid post player, maybe someone like Nick Collison, etc.

3) Pick Rose, then trade Hinrich, TT, next year's 1st rounder for Elton Brand.

Rose - Duhon
Hughes - Gordon - Thabo
Deng - Noc
Brand - Gooden
Noah - Gray

One main catch to this scenario is that Brand may be a FA. I'm not sure whether he is FA, Rest. FA, etc... if he's restricted, then a sign-and-trade could be had. If it's a player or team option, then as long as he goes back, we're in business. Otherwise we don't have the cap room to outright sign him.

Anyone like these ideas? I ranked them in order of feasibility.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #20
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
Now that we have the first pick, here are the feasible options that I see that we have (and that I want):
1) Draft Beasley.
Hinrich - Duhon
Hughes - Gordon - thabo
Deng - Noc
Gooden - TT
Noah - Gray

Very solid lineup with a go-to scorer (finally!)

2) Trade the pick to the Twolves for their #3, and next year's 1st rounder. Draft Gordon, Love, Mayo, Lopez... one of those 4. If a guard is drafted, we need to trade Gordon for a solid post player, maybe someone like Nick Collison, etc.

3) Pick Rose, then trade Hinrich, TT, next year's 1st rounder for Elton Brand.

Rose - Duhon
Hughes - Gordon - Thabo
Deng - Noc
Brand - Gooden
Noah - Gray

One main catch to this scenario is that Brand may be a FA. I'm not sure whether he is FA, Rest. FA, etc... if he's restricted, then a sign-and-trade could be had. If it's a player or team option, then as long as he goes back, we're in business. Otherwise we don't have the cap room to outright sign him
Anyone like these ideas? I ranked them in order of feasibility.

As for the Brand thing, no we don't have cap room. *Well as of now if we let everyone go who's contracts are up we would have a little over 6 milllion.* But cap in the NBA isn't like some other sports - you can go over it. I know Denver is more than 20 million over the cap - so signing Brand wouldn't be out of the picture. Hell singing both Deng and Brand to contracts wouldn't be out of the picture.

Signing Deng puts us like 3 million over. Brand puts it to probably 15 million over, then Rose takes it to 18ish.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:08 PM   #21
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

i want to know why you guys want to get rid of kirk he had 1 bad year. draft beasly keep kirk and there u go
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:30 PM   #22
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil baller
i want to know why you guys want to get rid of kirk he had 1 bad year. draft beasly keep kirk and there u go

That's what I have been saying all along. It was a bad year for Kirk, which to an extent is understandable. He started the year with an injury, and the trade talks might of got to him. Also he got married and is expecting a baby. And the only thing that really took a hit was his points per game, which dropped to like 12 from 17ish. That is a pretty big hit, but considering everyone had bad years, then coach got fired...if Kirk goes somewhere else, he will be back to the old Kirk.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #23
kshutts1
Good college starter

Kirk, you always harp on people for not knowing the business aspects of the NBA, so I have a question/comment about the business you mentioned.

You said that you can go over the cap in the NBA, which is true... but I'm pretty sure that you're not allowed to sign a FA from ANOTHER TEAM that would make you go over the cap. For example, if the Bulls were, in theory, 8 million UNDER the cap this off-season (in theory, of course) then we could NOT sign Brand for 10 million, but we COULD sign Deng for 10 million.

Is that not how it works? So we have no shot of outright signing Brand this offseason, even though you're "allowed" to go over the cap.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that' show it works.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: