Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 05-12-2008, 03:32 AM   #1
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default For Sixers GM Stefanski, top priority is Iguodala

Quote:
If the question is whether Iguodala, as a restricted free agent, is president/general manager Eddie Stefanski's No. 1 priority, the answer is unequivocally yes.

In a teleconference yesterday with reporters, Stefanski said Iguodala, " . . . is a very good basketball player. I think - I know - he's a guy we'd like to keep, going forward here.

"Now, negotiations are negotiations," Stefanski said. "What I've said numerous times is, we're trying to get a 'team.' We're not built to run [the Detroit Pistons'] style, but if we can get a team like that and have a style we'd like to play, which is an up-tempo style, that would be our goal."

link to full article
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: For Sixers GM Stefanski, top priority is Iguodala

good read i just read it on 76ers.com then went to ISH and see you posted it. I think that keeping iggy is the top priority but i wouldnt mind letting him go or sign and trade if hes asking for way to much money. They can keep hm for 1 more year for about 3-4mill and then he will be a un-restricted free agent and can sign anywhere without philly matching the offer.
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Of course Stefanski is going to say that the main priority is resigning Iggy in order to deter other teams from making offers to him. Obviously if some team is dumb enough to offer him max or near max dollars they won't resign him. I like Iggy as a 3rd option but nothing more. If the Sixers could somehow package him in a deal to get a legit PF (i.e. Elton Brand) I'd be all about it. Thaddeus Young is the real deal.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I concur with Marlo, the announcement was a way to try to prevent other teams from throwing him money. Iggy already rejected a 54 mill extension, and is likely to have his eyes on bigger money.

Iguodala will probably ask for max contract or something among those lines, but he simply isn't a franchise guy, nor will be. Hopefully Philly can keep him without losing too much cap flexibility. They still need many pieces, and the cap space is needed.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
jsams
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jsams has an OK reputation so far
Default Looking for a Sixers blog?

Hey, I just started a fun Sixers blog. I'll be updating it daily and welcome readers, maybe some commenters to get some legit discussion going.

Check it out!

http://sixersoul.blogspot.com/
jsams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would say 65-70 million is the most we would give Iggy. Any more than that we should do a sign and trade deal.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I would say 65-70 million is the most we would give Iggy. Any more than that we should do a sign and trade deal.
thats too much. he turned down 57 mil last year and didn't really play above that this year. i wouldn't go over 60
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
thats too much. he turned down 57 mil last year and didn't really play above that this year. i wouldn't go over 60

I would give him 65 but 70 is a stretch.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: