Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 01-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default How many championships will Durant-Green win?

Now, just because they have a couple of good young players doesn't automatically guarantee them a championship. Plus, with Portland being in the same division, Seattle will find it hard to even win their own division. Do you think Seattle can win championships in the future, or do they still have a lot of needs to address?
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: How many championships will Durant-Green win?

They gonna need to do some serious rebuilding to win a ring. DeAndre Jordan or Michael Beasley or whoever they draft is gonna have to do some serious things as well.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
I airball my layups

1982 has an OK reputation so far

er...I'm pretty sure no Sonics fan is thinking 'championship' lol.

Let's say we draft Rose or Jordon to address a gaping need. We'll still be a very very young team. I'm kind of reductionist and fundamental when it comes to the set-up of a team. I also like balance. Look at the spurs, pistons, early millennium lakers. I dont think Durant is necessarily someone who can lead this team to the finals. looking at Portland, they've got nearly everything in place- a monster C (we presume), a very talented scoring pf, a multi-faceted sg. The thing they lack is an outside shooter (we'll have to see if Outlaw/Webster can do that) and a decent pg (Blake is okay but he's no starter on a top team).

That's a great set-up because you have balance in the frontcourt, it's a team that can run AND play halfcourt and the bench is good.

This would be a good start:

Rose
Durant
Green
Wilcox
?

or

?
Durant
Green
Wilcox
Jordan

We MUST encourage Green to become a defensive presence on the wing imho.

? indicated a space that we HAVE to fill with some of our cap space or via trade. Petro just isnt going to do anything for a winning team and neither are Ridnour or Watson.

Watson is playing quite well atm so I'd shop him to death for space/picks.

Sorry, back to the question- 'none' is my initial reaction. I am ,however, more confident than previous years in our ability to get something decent out of drafts.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 AM   #4
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Durant will be a bust if he doesn't improve his shot selection and shooting ability. He has the green light on this team, and it's not doing him any good.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

AlThornton has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Durant will be a bust if he doesn't improve his shot selection and shooting ability. He has the green light on this team, and it's not doing him any good.

Umm pretty much all rookies suck at shooting their first year. Im sure he will improve
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #6
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlThornton
Umm pretty much all rookies suck at shooting their first year. Im sure he will improve
He must improve. Yes, most rookies need time to develop, but with that being said, most rookies aren't handed a franchise. For a #2 pick, and future of the sonics, he needs to show a lot more, or else he needs to be treated like most other rookies.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #7
I airball my layups

1982 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
He must improve. Yes, most rookies need time to develop, but with that being said, most rookies aren't handed a franchise. For a #2 pick, and future of the sonics, he needs to show a lot more, or else he needs to be treated like most other rookies.

That's a tad harsh imo- Durant has little in the way of support, being 'handed a franchise' really isn't relevant, he's their best offensive player, that's why he gets the opportunities.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
ATHENS300
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ATHENS300 has an OK reputation so far

they can only win a championship if they go to the lakers:party2:
ATHENS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Green will be gone in a few years and therefore they will never win a chip. I have no reasoning behind this, I just feel this way.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #10
MasterDurant24

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

They'll probably won't win a championship or at least it's not gonna happen for like 8 years.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #11
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

Please trade Green so Durant can play his natural Small Forward position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:02 AM   #12
shaoyut

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

get michael beasly
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #13
VLyze
Can barely lace up my sneakers

VLyze has an OK reputation so far

The Lakers or Celtics are going to win the next five titles.
VLyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #14
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Durant,Green,Westbrook+ One good power forward (Not Wilcox). Could get them 1 maybe 2 in the future.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: