Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-03-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Kaman cleared to play for Germany

http://www.ballineurope.com/countrie...y-for-germany/

Quote:
Breaking News: Kaman cleared to play for Germany
July 2, 2008
It’s now official: Chris Kaman has received his German passport at the German consulate in Los Angeles. So Team Germany has now added big firepower in the paint for the upcoming Olympic qualifiers in Athens.

With the help of German minister Wolfgang Schäuble, the US-born center with German roots is now cleared to play together with Dirk Nowitzki. As the details were discussed with FIBA in advance, Kaman is immediately avalaible to play for the German national team. When he will join Dirk Bauermann and the rest of the squad will be determined in the next few days.

Nice move
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #2
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kaman cleared to play for Germany

I thought Ben Gordon playing for GB was bad but atleast he was born in london.Kaman for germany,whitfield for czech republic,shamond williams for georgia,ariel mcdonald played for slovenia,actually marlene ottey the jamaican sprinter run for slovenia!!back to the basketball ,henry domercant for bosnia and jr holden for russia!atleast holden has played in russia for a long time and you can argue he is a naturalised russian.Its all a bit of a joke,having said that in football a lot of argentinians and brazilians play for other countries.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit

I don't really mind, if he wants to play for a country its cool. Hes not good enough to ever make Team USA so I say why not? (Besides he was born in the U.S.)
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
simasu01
Decent playground baller

simasu01 has an OK reputation so far

At least he had German roots, he looks German, so I don't really see that big of a problem. The naturalization is bit ridiculous though, that's why I congratulated team Italy on winning the world cup with Italian players, a good example of a totally local-ethnic team. I really hate the way they play, but they deserve credit for winning with local men, born and raised there. Same with Spain, only one foreigner on the football team. Basketball, Spain is completely Spanish, Greece is Greek, Italy is Italian, Serbia is Serbian, Croatia is Croatian, Lithuania is Lithuanian, but we have the Lavrinovic twins, they both were born in Lithuania, both speak it fluently, but are either Polish or Belarussian I'm not sure. And look at the results of these countries compared to the ones that naturalize citizens just for sports.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
At least he had German roots, he looks German, so I don't really see that big of a problem. The naturalization is bit ridiculous though, that's why I congratulated team Italy on winning the world cup with Italian players, a good example of a totally local-ethnic team. I really hate the way they play, but they deserve credit for winning with local men, born and raised there. Same with Spain, only one foreigner on the football team. Basketball, Spain is completely Spanish, Greece is Greek, Italy is Italian, Serbia is Serbian, Croatia is Croatian, Lithuania is Lithuanian, but we have the Lavrinovic twins, they both were born in Lithuania, both speak it fluently, but are either Polish or Belarussian I'm not sure. And look at the results of these countries compared to the ones that naturalize citizens just for sports.
I was curious about that cause Lavrinovic obviously doesn't sound lituanian atall.I can never tell the difference between them,even their game is very similar.Barca tried to sign Darijus but he has gone to Dinamo Moscow.Is Kristof staying at Siena? I think he is the better player.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:34 PM   #6
simasu01
Decent playground baller

simasu01 has an OK reputation so far

I also cannot separate them, only by the numbers on their backs. Ksystof I think is better also, and I think he plays for a better team. I read that Darius was very close to signing with Barca, unfortunately he went to Moscow. Ksystof, from what I've read, appears to stay. He was MVP in Italy, I think he could leave, since he reached just about everything possible.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #7
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Hes not good enough to ever make Team USA

Right! I'd take him on the team over Boozer right now. The US selection commitee has done a lot of stupid things over the years but letting Kaman play for Germany is the worst. Even if they didn't want him on the team this year they should have had him around for possible use in the future.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: