Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 04-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #16
kb24life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kb24life has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Australia or Canada?

hahah u aussies n canadians r sad dudes ur countries suck dats y they come to ours...y u talkin bout leagues n national teams dat could get whopped by our junior freshmen...
man find another thin to talk about u guys r lame...US rocks not canada not australia n not philiphines oh btw beautiful place ...
later losers
kb24life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #17
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb24life
hahah u aussies n canadians r sad dudes ur countries suck dats y they come to ours...y u talkin bout leagues n national teams dat could get whopped by our junior freshmen...
man find another thin to talk about u guys r lame...US rocks not canada not australia n not philiphines oh btw beautiful place ...
later losers
Old 04-14-2007, 09:05 PM   #18
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb24life
later losers

Yeah, your junior freshmen could beat our national team. Thats why a little bit under 2 years ago our U21 team with Levon Kendall beat the US team of the same equivalency and Kendall dropped 40. Of course that was 2 years ago, but I took the fact fairly seriously that you think a junior freshman team of Americans could beat our national team.

Last edited by skan72 : 04-14-2007 at 09:14 PM.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:31 PM   #19
Hoopaholic33

Hoopaholic33 has an OK reputation so far

Give Canada credit for hiring Leo Rautins as coach. He's clearly a fighter and he was a heck of a player at Syracuse. Here's a little bit about him and Team Canada from a FIBA blog.

http://mediazonebasketball.wordpress...ism-has-merit/
Hoopaholic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:37 AM   #20
Ballertom04

Ballertom04 has an OK reputation so far

I Think Aussie For Sure LOL!
Ballertom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #21
DaveM123
I brick open layups

DaveM123 has an OK reputation so far

Well let's see Canada has to get through teams like USA, Argentina, Brazil, Puerto Rico to qualify for the olympics. Australia on the other hand qualifies for the olympics by beating lowly New Zealand in a best of three. Ridiculous.

Last edited by DaveM123 : 09-26-2007 at 01:05 PM.
DaveM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #22
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
At least you are not biased.

It is always hard to tell when dealing with Canada because the federal government doesn't fund sports or funds them minimally and this leads to top athletes passing on national team spots.

The last time they played each other in the Olympics however was 2000 (in Sydney btw) and the result was:

Canada 101
Aus 90

So you were clearly wrong that day.

Australia always puts out a fine national team because sports development down under is institutionalized and first class all the way, but Canada has much more depth in the game and many more Canadians are playing pro overseas or on full scholarships to division one schools in the States than Aussies.

this link shows you a list of all the Canadians playing in overseas leagues, and gives you an idea of the depth of the talent pool. I dont think Australia can come close to matching it:

http://www.usbasket.com/abr.asp?Cntry=CAN&CntryNbr=45

I will say that since Sydney Australia has had the better national team, and until Canada changes its policy towards sports the national team will be peaks and valleys.
The guys never practice together (a big country and no one will fund their stay in a city so they can all be together) and they never gel. Sad but true.

This post pretty much sums it all up. Long term Canada is ahead of the Aussies. The Aussies Show up in the Olympics regularly cause of the region there in. Its a traditionally weak basketball region.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #23
Mo_Williams

Mo_Williams has an OK reputation so far

Australia because they have the best Center in the World, and his name is Andrew Bogut.
Mo_Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:56 PM   #24
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

I think there is no discussion.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #25
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Australia by far.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:08 AM   #26
ClintDogg
I airball my layups

ClintDogg has an OK reputation so far

its Australia.

Canada have come out here a few times and Australia have flogged them in a 3 game series a few times.

Dave Thomas, a player 4 Canada, plays in our NBL as an import player.
ClintDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: