Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 08-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default We still need a center

and guys like Kelvin Cato and Scot Pollard are still waiting for some cash, what is McHale doing? Cato would help us so much.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
tlang1982
I airball my layups

tlang1982 has an OK reputation so far

Have you watched Cato's game?? Yes he can block shots. But he also is foul happy and rebounding is suspect.

I'm not sure if he's still available, but I would like to see the Wolves go after Melvin Ely.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Melvin Ely would be great for you guys, but he isnt a great rebounder.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Scott Pollard's available, he would bring back memories of that year the wolves were actually good and latrell/hudson had that wacky hairdo
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #5
Pork_Chops
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Pork_Chops has an OK reputation so far
Default Reggie Evans

Apparently the timberwolves made an offer to him. I think it was 1 year at 1.75mil with a player option for the second year. I dunno if I would call evans a "center", but he could help the wolves rebounding.
Pork_Chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

I would take Cato or Ely to play center for the Wolves. Solid is a key word and Cato is just that.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #7
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Ely wont leave Charlotte unless you make a sign and trade deal.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #8
tlang1982
I airball my layups

tlang1982 has an OK reputation so far

Ely is still an unsigned free agent. It even says so on the roster page for the Bobcats. I read that they were waiting and seeing how May was progressing. And I know I've read multiple times they were very impressed w/ May. So Ely could be easy to get.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

haha ISH says there's nothing good about Kelvin Cato except his height... he's only 6'10'' though...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #10
TheBigTicket21
I airball my layups

TheBigTicket21 has an OK reputation so far

I'm fine with Craig Smith or Eddie Griffin at center.
TheBigTicket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #11
Pork_Chops

Default Eddie

"Eddie's playing out of the his mind, the whole summer" McCants

If this is true then I feel we could be a really good team this year. Eddie had that eye surgery so his shot should hopefully improve and he's losted weight (been working out). I think that "driving incedent" along with the fire that KG has been liteing under everyone might of really motivated Eddie to turn his act arround.

/cross fingers
Old 10-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #12
Pork_Chops

http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...1104154013.gif

I found it interesting that they listed KG and Griffin. Also, Mike James is on their as well.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #13
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

double post
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #14
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork_Chops
"Eddie's playing out of the his mind, the whole summer" McCants

If this is true then I feel we could be a really good team this year. Eddie had that eye surgery so his shot should hopefully improve and he's losted weight (been working out). I think that "driving incedent" along with the fire that KG has been liteing under everyone might of really motivated Eddie to turn his act arround.

/cross fingers
I've been waiting to be an Eddie Griffin fan since he came to the Timberwolves. When he came into the league I thought he was going to be Tim Duncan with better range and defense. Sadly, all of people's expectations for him haven't been fulfilled. People who have watched him see how he can take over a game with his defense.

He could be a fantasy team's dream with all the different things he can do on offense and defense. Garnett thought this dude was actually better than him when he first got moved to the wolves. I hope he was right too, maybe this year he'll show us what he can do. I just hope he doesn't get away from us once he hits free agency.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:47 AM   #15
04mzwach

I was searching on the net and found a prospect analysis on Eddie Griffin.

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/eddiegriffin.htm

He's still young and he hasn't applied himself like most prospects that turned out to be bogus so keep the faith.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: