Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far
Default Carlos Boozer?

Just pure speculation here, but if the Lakers could acquire him without having to give up Lamar Odom, should they? Health is a huge question mark, but he has the tools to help the Lakers frontcourt. I don't know what to think about this possibility.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
kobe92
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobe92 has an OK reputation so far

I'd say do it. I mean Odom with Boozer to back him up?? Sounds good
kobe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

Getting Boozer without giving up Odom and Bryant. That would mean we would have to give up Kwame or Bynum most likely. I don't like it. But if we could keep those two guys as well, well then Utah is just getting raped.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
traditionone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
Getting Boozer without giving up Odom and Bryant. That would mean we would have to give up Kwame or Bynum most likely. I don't like it. But if we could keep those two guys as well, well then Utah is just getting raped.

If we gave up Kwame, we would have problems at the center position.

A healthy Boozer is more productive than a healthy Kwame Brown, but Boozer can't play center and having him means Odom stays at the 3.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What's wrong with odom at the three?

he still averages 10 rebounds and he would be a better passer from there.

the proposal that almost went down at allstar break last year was giving up devean george, Chris mihm, Aaron Mckie, and i think Brian Cook.

or maybe it was just the first 3.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #6
traditionone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
What's wrong with odom at the three?

Odom playing the 4 next season was a rumor I read several times. Can't trace the source though. He can play either position. Nothing wrong with him at the 3, but I'm factoring in this extra possibility.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #7
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Boozer would be nice, as long as Odom stays. I think I'd rather have Kwame too, because of his size and defense so I dont think we can really make this happen.

Mihm + ?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All I am saying is if we got Boozer without giving up Odom then we could start Boozer and Odom too.

Bench production is something we should think about later. That can be done through free agency when we try and get guys like Rush on our team.

But for now let's try to get a starting PF with all star Caliber.

My starting lineup:

C Kwame Brown
PF Carlos Boozer
SF Lamar Odom
SG Kobe Bryant
PG Marcus Banks
Old 06-11-2006, 06:31 AM   #9
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
I don't know what to think about this possibility.

Think of it as an impossibility.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:57 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

or draft Shelden and we can forget about Boozer
Old 06-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #11
jecee101
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jecee101 has an OK reputation so far

i remember reading that boozers agent was trying hard to get him traded to the lakers before the deadline, but didnt happen...then he said he was gonna try to make it happen this summer.
but towards the end of the season i remember hearing that boozer wouldnt mind staying at utah
jecee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:56 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I heard that when they tried to make the trade happen last year, Boozer was outraged.

But he doesnt mind anymore. I think he bought that house in LA just in case it happens.

I would like to see Boozer as a laker. especially since that punk ass owner of the jazz larry miller is always criticizing Boozer.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #13
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd love to grab Boozer...but no way are we getting him for nothing.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

well it wasn't nothing. Utah actually considered it and are still thinkin.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: