Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #76
KnickFan4Life
Banned

KnickFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

If Madonna is trying to be like Jesus than I will kill her next time she is near my area. I will carry a gun with me and kill her on stage, then I will throw some holy water on her and watch her disintigrate into hell. If she was trying to connect herself to God to try and be edgy than she really has lost all self respect and is performing out of desperation. Her life is worthless then anyway. I'm sure God wouldn't mind if I ended her life.
KnickFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #77
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
OK, you win on that point. I guess you can say its bias.

But it stands to reason that most people who feel strongly that they are happy the cross will not be shown in her act would also feel strongly it should be BANNED from being shown.

That's a non sequitur for the reasons previously outlined.

Quote:
Unfortuantely, not everyone is going to reason it out like you have. Most people simply let THEIR biases have them say "They should just ban that", instead of the distinction we are making.

I don't have any data to support it....so you can called it biased. But I still think I'm right.

It's true that we're all beholden to our biases to a certain extent; I've never denied that. The best we can do is try to reason things out and make informed judgments based on the available evidence.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #78
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnickFan4Life
If Madonna is trying to be like Jesus than I will kill her next time she is near my area. I will carry a gun with me and kill her on stage, then I will throw some holy water on her and watch her disintigrate into hell. If she was trying to connect herself to God to try and be edgy than she really has lost all self respect and is performing out of desperation. Her life is worthless then anyway. I'm sure God wouldn't mind if I ended her life.

These are the people answering the Yahoo poll. See?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #79
Loki
Banned

Quote:

Now that's just stupid. I'm hoping that was poor satire.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #80
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
That's a non sequitur for the reasons previously outlined.

It's true that we're all beholden to our biases to a certain extent; I've never denied that. The best we can do is try to reason things out and make informed judgments based on the available evidence.

OBJECTION!

(Sustained)
Old 10-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #81
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
These are the people answering the Yahoo poll. See?

Anecdotal evidence is generally tenuous...
Old 10-23-2006, 07:32 PM   #82
KnickFan4Life
Banned

Madonna has just fallen off and is trying to get some form of attention directed towards her. She should just commit suicide now. Why the **** would you do that anyway. She is just doing it because she knows she can get away with it. If she did this to Islams they would be outraged. 95% of Christians are just going to take this like it is nothing. I don't bull**** like that. I take offense when my religon is insulted.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #83
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Anecdotal evidence is generally tenuous...

Who's being biased NOW? heh heh heh....
Old 10-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #84
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Madonna has just fallen off and is trying to get some form of attention directed towards her. She should just commit suicide now. Why the **** would you do that anyway. She is just doing it because she knows she can get away with it. If she did this to Islams they would be outraged. 95% of Christians are just going to take this like it is nothing. I don't bull**** like that. I take offense when my religon is insulted.

your religon? i sure hope you arent talking about christianity! because you are doing a really good job of promoting our image....not really. what would it help to have christians protest this? it would just put her in the spotlight even more, that what she wants..if she is ignored and dont the attention that she so craves, maybe she will go away and spare my eyes from seeing her in a retro 80s workout suit ever again!!!!!!!!!!!
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:19 AM   #85
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Who cares? Neither Madonna nor the Christian right should ever be taken seriously. This is a non issue to me.

Wake me up when Jesus shows up to prove the Christians right.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:31 PM   #86
KnickFan4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
your religon? i sure hope you arent talking about christianity! because you are doing a really good job of promoting our image....not really. what would it help to have christians protest this? it would just put her in the spotlight even more, that what she wants..if she is ignored and dont the attention that she so craves, maybe she will go away and spare my eyes from seeing her in a retro 80s workout suit ever again!!!!!!!!!!!
I will not sit back and let my religon be trashed. **** that. If we let her do whatever we want than she has won too. Its a double-edged sword. I would rather take the half that stands up and defends our religon, than take the half that does nothing.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:41 AM   #87
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Who cares? Neither Madonna nor the Christian right should ever be taken seriously. This is a non issue to me.

Wake me up when Jesus shows up to prove the Christians right.
one problem TMOGE.......if i wake you then, its too late
Old 10-25-2006, 10:07 AM   #88
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I will not sit back and let my religon be trashed. **** that. If we let her do whatever we want than she has won too. Its a double-edged sword. I would rather take the half that stands up and defends our religon, than take the half that does nothing.

What makes me laugh (even tho it is sad) is the arrogance of mankind....Supposed followers of the most powerful entity in all of creation have the gall to think that God (who is supposed to be almighty) needs you to protect his name

Good one....

god doesnt need you to threaten violence against other men on his behalf.... He is already more powerful than you could ever imagine....

Religion has definitely poisoned man and corrupted God's message to man....

he doesnt need you to stand up for him... he has giving you a gift and has given you guidlines on how to live and how to treat others... Yet we still dont get it...

if you look around the world at all the war and rumors of war, hatred and destruction...it becomes obvious that we have lost our way..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #89
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

did-o
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: