Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #76
Jinxed
Good High School Starter

Jinxed has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Sickest Pass in Today ACB playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Have you ever watched ACB are you making this **** up?

Raul Lopez MVP?

Felipe Reyes was the MVP kid.

Hhaa you're right. It was Reyes. Typo. I got two hours of sleep last night, give me a break! I said Reyes was the MVP earlier on this thread. I was thinking Reyes but just typed Lopez
Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #77
Jinxed
Good High School Starter

Funny story about Larry Bird watching Rubio for the first time.

"He thought Ricky Rubio was a ballboy crashing the layup line the first time he saw him play in person when Rubio was 14."
Old 05-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #78
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

lol that Peja pass is just absurd
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #79
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man, the ball slipped outta his hands.

j/k.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #80
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake
Rubio's ability to steal the ball is incredible.

DPOY, don't question his ability to play defense. If Nash plays defense in the NBA, Rubio can too.

6'4", 18 years old, incredible vision

The only reason why Blake Griffin is #1 pick is because he is guaranteed to be a solid starter at minimum.
Rubio can possibly become a bust, but his absolute potential in my opinion is higher than Griffin's.

People also need to keep in mind that, even if Rubio IS going to be something, it will PROBABLY take him YEARS to even get to that level. He is 18 years old, coming fresh out of the euro league. So before people go, after ONE season and call him a bust, let it be known it WILL TAKE RUBIO MULTIPLE YEARS TO HAVE ANY TYPE OF IMPACT IN THE NBA.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #82
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
People also need to keep in mind that, even if Rubio IS going to be something, it will PROBABLY take him YEARS to even get to that level. He is 18 years old, coming fresh out of the euro league. So before people go, after ONE season and call him a bust, let it be known it WILL TAKE RUBIO MULTIPLE YEARS TO HAVE ANY TYPE OF IMPACT IN THE NBA.
Completely agree, I still he should have waited one more season before entering the draft.
I want him to get drafted by the Wolves, he'd get minutes, low pressure on a rebuilding team, and the press won't be on him 24/7 (no offense but no one cares about the Wolves, right?)
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #83
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

Ay that Peja pass..got damn cuz
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #84
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Kinda sad when Peja has a better one on his resume than RR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpH3HJv4s0A

Ha what a botch by the color guy. "Oh my, Hedo Turkoglu, shades of Pete Maravich right there."
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #85
Jinxed
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror

YUP. Just like Kobe only avg 7 per games his first year.

Seriously, can anyone show me a better plass than that Peja one? I think that might be the best i've ever seen.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #86
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxed

Seriously, can anyone show me a better plass than that Peja one? I think that might be the best i've ever seen.

just go to youtube and type in Larry Bird...
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #87
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
You ever watch a young J Williams? That's nothing.

Sh*t man, the JW behind the back off the elbow pass! I saw him do that like 10 years ago, and flipped out. I couldn't tell you how many times I've used it.

Probably one of the sweetest passes ever.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #88
Jinxed
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
just go to youtube and type in Larry Bird...

The over and behind his head no look bounce pass to Mchale in the paint is def up there, but i do'nt know if it beats Peja.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #89
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Sh*t man, the JW behind the back off the elbow pass! I saw him do that like 10 years ago, and flipped out. I couldn't tell you how many times I've used it.

Probably one of the sweetest passes ever.

It will be interesting to see how far Rubo drops. You know these NBA GM´s. They ´ll let him do a vertical and he´ll fail. At that point, they´ll rather take a 7 footer with the basketball IQ and handles of a kangaroo, who can jump out of the building. No offense Stromile.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #90
cdbleb

cdbleb has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxed
YUP. Just like Kobe only avg 7 per games his first year.

I dont like Kobe but heres a similar pass to Pejas in a video I made last year (Similar...Not equivalent).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skJ7jsSF0aM&fmt=18
(About :10 in)
cdbleb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: