Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ISH Mock Draft - #13 Overall -Indiana Pacers

#1-Blake Griffin
#2-Ricky Rubio
#3-James Harden
#4-Brandon Jennings
#5-Hasheem Thabeet
#6-Tyreke Evans
#7-Johnny Flynn
#8-Stephen Curry
#9-Demar DeRozan
#10-Jordan Hill
#11-Earl Clark
#12-Gerald Henderson

When I look at the Pacers roster I instantly think they need a good big man. They have a great bunch of shooters, but without that bigman in the middle they will still be in the late lottery. That being said, its DeJuan Blair right here and there isnt a question. He will give them that strength and force they need, and hopefully he also develops well in the NBA and doesnt end up a bust.

Count:

Jrue Holiday- 6
DeJuan Blair- 3

Last edited by Posterize246 : 06-16-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: ISH Mock Draft - #13 Overall -Indiana Pacers

I agree. Blair is short but with his crazy long arms, strength, and tenacity, he should be a solid rebounder and defender.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is nobody going to draft Jrue Holiday because he's the unknown or because his college production was low? In that case we shouldn't have drafted Jennings, Rubio, Derozan (6 threes made as a wing), and soon to be Mullens.

I'm picking Holiday here. I'm sure whoever InspiredLebowski picks is the best pick. But from what I hear it doesn't sound like the Pacers are counting on Ford/Jack being a part of their future as well as Marquis Daniels. I think Travis Diener has a player option for this year, don't know if he's picked it up or not. And everyone knows about the Jamal Tinsley saga.

Terrence Williams is also a guy I like here. I'll pass on DeJuan Blair since what he's going to bring to a team is strong rebounding and Indy was 2nd in the league in rebounding last year.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jrue Holiday. TJ Ford is going to be traded, I'd bet money on it. Daniels is definitely gone, picking up the team option would put us into the tax (not happening). Diener's Travis Diener. Indy has no capable perimeter defender at all (Jarrett Jack was often defending the best wing if that tells you anything), Blair would be a bad fit on either side of the ball with Hibbert/Murphy (talk about slow footed), a kid with upside as high as most anyone in the draft is too much to pass up at the back end of the lotto in a weak draft.

I like T-Will a lot, if Holiday were off the board I'd love to take him, but for whatever reason (poor shooting I guess) Indy's shown no interest in him. Another guy that makes a lot of sense is James Johnson, but he seems a lot more interested in playing nothing but the wing.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 06-16-2009 at 11:49 AM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hibbert, Foster, Murphy, Nesterovic, McRoberts.

Vs.

Granger, Rush, Ford, Jack, Graham
Heard Daniels might be gone, Tinsley = lol, who knows about Dunleavy?

I think they go with a guard here, I'd say Holiday or Teague. Teague's a score-first, so I'll say Holiday
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hey Inspired, looks like you could be right about a Donnie Walsh smokescreen. There's an article in the NY Post about just that and the Knicks really in love with Jordan Hill.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Hey Inspired, looks like you could be right about a Donnie Walsh smokescreen. There's an article in the NY Post about just that and the Knicks really in love with Jordan Hill.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me in the least. I've been reading reports that the Warriors are in complete disarray, something about Nellie and their new GM (something Riley) making a trip to MS to talk with Ellis because he's pissed about them potentially taking a 1. Guys all over the board refusing to work out for them.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

I'll go with Jrue Holiday, even though I think he is highly overrated. I don't quite understand how a freshman combo guard who is only 6'3, has basically never played PG, and only averaged 8.5 ppg, is now considered a lottery pick. I would need to see at least one season of him as the go-to-guy and point man for UCLA before I would be willing to take him this high.

But Indy fans seem to want him, even though he won't ready to contribute for years, if ever. So I say give him to them. It's not like Dejuan Blair is going to be very valuable to them anyways, he's really just a monster-rebounding 6'6 back-up center when it comes down to it. They have enough solid role-players, they need to start aiming for talent. And I suppose if Jrue really does have all this "upside", this could look like a very good pick in 2 or 3 years, if the kid is in fact capable of learning how to play PG.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #9
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Jrue Holiday.

Has size at 6'4 can play either Guard position although hes best suited to play SG.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Holiday. He's going to be a comfortable sweater, you know what you will get on a consistent basis.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Dejuan Blair
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: