Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 09-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Luther Head's a Pacer

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700042653

Quote:
...today when the Pacers signed free agent Luther Head, a combo guard who spent most of his first four seasons with Houston.

“Luther is a guy we have had our eye on,” Bird said in a statement released by the team. “He can shoot, he has speed and quickness and he will fit in well in our up-tempo game. I think he’s going to be a good addition to our basketball team.”

Head's signing brings the roster to 15 players but it remains to be seen how his role will evolve.

A three-position player (both guard spots and small forward), Head joins a team that has four point guards (T.J. Ford, Earl Watson, Travis Diener and A.J. Price) and four wings (Danny Granger, Dahntay Jones, Brandon Rush and eventually Mike Dunleavy when the latter completes his rehab).

Luther Head's a three position player? SF? That's a typo right?

I don't get it. He's a combo that can't defend, does nothing to help the team this year. Just going to probably eat a good chunk of whatever minutes Price (D-League bound?) would've gotten. This year isn't about winning per se, it happens, great, but it's about getting the core guys experience. So now we get to see more smallball, awesome.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Luther Head's a Pacer

HMMM...interesting. Seems like Bird is playing chess here. Head is a combo guard - can play the 1 or the 2

Seems to me like this is the chess move here: Move T.J. Fords 8.5 million dollar contract-

Diener and Price are pine riders and insurance and not a threat financially both making under 2 mill a year. Looks like Earl watson will get the nod at starting PG with Head backing him up assuming they make a trade for T.J. Ford...

i like Ford...im just trying to figure out why they would want what 5 point guards on the team, unless they are trying to make a decent trade for 2 of them. possibly Ford and Diener.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
Cggamer12
I brick open layups

Cggamer12 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
HMMM...interesting. Seems like Bird is playing chess here. Head is a combo guard - can play the 1 or the 2

Seems to me like this is the chess move here: Move T.J. Fords 8.5 million dollar contract-

Diener and Price are pine riders and insurance and not a threat financially both making under 2 mill a year. Looks like Earl watson will get the nod at starting PG with Head backing him up assuming they make a trade for T.J. Ford...

i like Ford...im just trying to figure out why they would want what 5 point guards on the team, unless they are trying to make a decent trade for 2 of them. possibly Ford and Diener.
I agree. Some kind of trade has to be in the works. We do not need 5 point guards on this team.

However, I do like Head and his game. He's got a nice stroke, and can shoot the ball really well.
Cggamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mike Wells says it's one year, partially guaranteed. Has to be a minimum deal ($825k). No other way to sign him.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think he could be a Marquis Daniels kind of player for our team.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Head is a combo-guard, no way can he play SF unless D'Antoni is the coach and if they send Price to the D-League for him, I'm going to be ticked because I was hoping I'd get to see Price play this year.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Head is a combo-guard, no way can he play SF unless D'Antoni is the coach and if they send Price to the D-League for him, I'm going to be ticked because I was hoping I'd get to see Price play this year.

Conrad Breunner (Pacers employed "blogger") keeps pushing the "3 position player" angle hard. It makes me think we're going to see the smallest lineups ever in Indy. Ford/Watson/Jones/Danny/Murph kinda crap. It still doesn't make sense to have another small G, but I do like Brooks for his instant offense.

As for Price and the D-League, it makes some sense, but we've literally never used the D-League, I don't see it starting now. Just will be sitting in a suit that much more now. Does make me question if they're trying to move a Diener or Ford in a bigger deal though.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

It's non-guaranteed.

If he impresses enough they will probably make some trades, if not, cut him.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
It's non-guaranteed.

If he impresses enough they will probably make some trades, if not, cut him.

He's on the team, guaranteed or not. Bird's been after him for at least 2 years.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
It makes me think we're going to see the smallest lineups ever in Indy. Ford/Watson/Jones/Danny/Murph kinda crap.

i like seeing danny at the 4 spot. that sort of lineup makes sense to me looking at our lack of bigs.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i like seeing danny at the 4 spot. that sort of lineup makes sense to me looking at our lack of bigs.
Ewwwww.

No thanks. I'd rather see him at the 2.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #12
haggard
I airball my layups

haggard has decent reputation

it is a very odd signing. These has to be some sort of method to Birds madness here (I tihnk Bird has made some good decisions lately) . it could be for a potential trade and as mentioned before, Ford would the the most likely candidate.

Head is a combo guard, no way is he capable of playing SF.
haggard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: