Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2006, 08:15 PM   #181
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

Stats after a few weeks are nowhere close to a trend. You know, this, Loki..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:17 PM   #182
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Stats after a few weeks are nowhere close to a trend. You know, this, Loki..

Yeah, I know, but I was just contributing. Also, Kobe is definitely more aggressive this year in terms of going to the basket, so it may hold up, though perhaps not to the same extent as currently.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:20 PM   #183
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
Video1: Terry pushes off with left elbow, Wade is too strong to be affected too much so he hits the jumper. But then he realized that the ref hit the foul so he flopped to get the and-1 : THIS IS HARD WORK PEOPLE.

Video2: Mavs player doesnt establish position and FLOPPED. Ref didnt buy the flop.

Video3: NO FOUL, Mavs player appeared to swipe air at last second.

Video4: Foul on Marquis Daniels. Pushed on left side. Wade could have possibly flopped but Wade had position so you call it against Daniels: THIS IS HARD WORK PEOPLE

Video5: Nowitzki didnt have his feet set. FOUL.

Thats all you people have?!

ITS OVER.

So because Dirk didn't have his feet set it's a foul when he gets an elbow throw into him?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:24 PM   #184
lakers-city
Good college starter

yes, a defender either draws the offensive foul or is called for a defensive one.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:25 PM   #185
hotsizzle
Superstar

Im pro-wade on this whole FT fiasco cuz its not his fault but lets add fuel to the fire, this is a video of wade catching the ball in the frontcourt and then landing in the backcourt..no violation called

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCYHLgpMT8

okay, so you will say that wade caught the ball in the air and landed cleanly in the backcourt BUT heres what the rules say:

Rule 8, Section 1- "For location of a player in the air, his position is that from which he last touched the floor."
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:27 PM   #186
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

"his is a video of wade catching the ball in the frontcourt and then landing in the backcourt..no violation called"

You expect the refs to call that when its so close and the GAME IS ON THE LINE?

No ref should make that call.

Last edited by 305Baller : 11-28-2006 at 08:34 PM.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:29 PM   #187
BFRESH44
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Im pro-wade on this whole FT fiasco cuz its not his fault but lets add fuel to the fire, this is a video of wade catching the ball in the frontcourt and then landing in the backcourt..no violation called

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCYHLgpMT8

okay, so you will say that wade caught the ball in the air and landed cleanly in the backcourt BUT heres what the rules say:

Rule 8, Section 1- "For location of a player in the air, his position is that from which he last touched the floor."

LMAO, NOOOOOOOOO WAY MY MAN.

Not that back-court violation shiat again...I had a HEATED debate on here with that...

League Officials CONFIRMED that there was no violation.

Quote:
NBA: No Backcourt Violation By Wade

(AP) MIAMI The NBA said Tuesday that there was no backcourt violation on the play that led to Dwyane Wade's winning free throws in Game 5 of the NBA finals.

After the Miami Heat's 101-100 overtime victory over Dallas on Sunday night, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said an assistant coach showed him a tape that led his team to believe that Wade should have been called for a turnover when he caught an inbounds pass to begin the possession.

"My understanding from the rule book is, if you are going to catch the ball in the backcourt, you have to be in the backcourt to catch it," Cuban said.

Not true, according to Rule 4, Section VI, which deals with frontcourt/backcourt.

Replays showed that Wade leaped near midcourt to catch the ball in the air, landing with possession in the backcourt.

Part of the rule states that, "frontcourt/backcourt status is not attained until a player with the ball has established a positive position in either half during a throw-in in the last 2 minutes of the fourth period and/or any overtime period."

Because Wade was in the air when he caught the ball, league spokesman Tim Frank said his position wasn't determined until he landed. And since another rule allows for the ball to be thrown into the backcourt at that time, there was no violation.

"I knew I was straight," Wade said Tuesday morning after shootaround. "I know the rules. I knew it wasn't a backcourt."

Cuban was fined $250,000 by the league on Tuesday for his actions after the game.

http://cbs11tv.com/sports/local_story_171145722.html

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 11-28-2006 at 08:33 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #188
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

"So because Dirk didn't have his feet set it's a foul when he gets an elbow throw into him?"

Dirk tried to close Wade out with the sideline and paid the price.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #189
hotsizzle
Superstar

well I just got owned
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #190
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Sure, Wade gets some calls he doesn't deserve. But which All-Star wing-player in the league doesn't?

I don't like watching a player get 20 trips to the line a game either, but if youre gonna biitch about it.. please.. be consistent! It just pisses me off beyond belief when Kobe fans are the ones *****ing about Wade getting too many calls. Kobe gets more "breathe on me and I'm going to the line" fouls than anyone in the league! If you're going to whine about Wade, at least be consistent and note that ALOT of star players in the league gets the calls that Wade gets. Don't single out Wade just because he ruined your summer by leading Miami to a title.
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #191
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

These "information campaigns" are BS.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:26 AM   #192
sic
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
It's kinda useless to compare FTA per game and not look at FGA as well..

So what would you say about todays game. What was the correlation of kobes FT attempts and FG attempts?
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: