Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #46
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Longview
Welcome to Paradise
Basketcase
When I Come Around
Brainstew
Geek Stink Breath
Walking Contradiction

Nice Guys Finish Last
Hitchin' A Ride

Redundant
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Waiting
Minority
Holiday
Blvd of Broken Dreams
Wake Me Up When September Ends

never heard of ANY of those.

Everyone rips off everyone. Thats where people get influences from but Oasis didnt completely rip of beatles. They just really influenced them.

Green day just uses the same power chords over and over and over and over again. Oasis may use chords but they actually have good melodic solos. their song writing rips green day's.

Liver forever, Lyla, supersonic, slide away are all pretty well known. Green day's music takes NO TALENT. The guy cant sing, you cant hear the bass at all, the guitar substance sux and the drummer plays the same **** on wake me up and blvd.

Definetly Maybe is probably one of the best selling albums of all time as well as morning glory. Oasis has been around since 1994 and champagne supernova and wonderwall were on their 1995 album. Oasis put out their most recent in 2005. Each of their singles they have put out have hit #1 or #2 in the UK charts.

In 2005, the guiness book of world records declared Oasis the "most successful act of the last decade in the UK."

Be Here Now was the fastest selling album in chart history. Oasis sold half a million on the first day

Also i will add OAsis' debut album was the fastest selling debut album at the time in the UK.

This just shows the different music tastes in UK and USA.

Last edited by telephone : 12-16-2006 at 03:30 PM.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:34 PM   #47
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

This is the last time I will ever respond to anything you say, maggot. You're getting blocked. Anyways, here goes:

USA >>>> UK

You live in America. Why is that? You want to go to aTm. Why? If the UK is so great, why didnt you just fcukin stay there? If you like soccer more than basketball, then why are you wasting all our time posting nonsense and annoying me on ISH? This is a BASKETBALL forum...a sport you know nothing about. Goodbye chump, welcome to the ignore list.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #48
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
never heard of ANY of those.

How have you never heard Longview?

Quote:
Everyone rips off everyone. Thats where people get influences from but Oasis didnt completely rip of beatles. They just really influenced them.

Noel and Liam have freely admitted that they've copied off the Beatles at times.

Quote:
Green day just uses the same power chords over and over and over and over again. Oasis may use chords but they actually have good melodic solos. their song writing rips green day's.

Punk isn't really about solos. Green Day's success comes from their rhythm section and pop hooks.

Quote:
Liver forever, Lyla, supersonic, slide away are all pretty well known.

In the UK, they're very well known. In the US, they're only really known to Oasis fans. There are a lot of people who say they're fans, but have only heard Wonderwall and Chapagne Supernova.

Quote:
Green day's music takes NO TALENT.

Meh. I've heard the same thing said for Oasis. When a band writes pop songs like Green Day and Oasis, talent is not the focus. Both bands are talented at writing good songs.

Quote:
The guy cant sing, you cant hear the bass at all, the guitar substance sux and the drummer plays the same **** on wake me up and blvd.

Wake Me Up and Boulevard are not their best songs. That's like judging Oasis without ever hearing Definitely Maybe.

Quote:
Definetly Maybe is probably one of the best selling albums of all time as well as morning glory.

Dookie has sold many more copies due to the difference in size between the US and UK markets.

Last edited by SixerFan03 : 12-17-2006 at 10:53 AM.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:49 AM   #49
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

HAHA JSub is tired of me owning him so much he decides to ignore me
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #50
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
This message is hidden because telephone is on your ignore list.

Did you say something, biatch, b/c I cant read it.

Anyways, props to Sixerfan for the good breakdown.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #51
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Greenday has catchy tunes, and that's all you need to be well known. Personally, there's something I don't like about them. Maybe it's the fact there like like 40 year-olds, yet they dress up like emo kids - maybe that's it.

Below are some of my favorite rock/punk/alternative bands:

Nirvana
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Korn
Blink 182
Green Day
Rolling Stones
Guns N' Roses
Sum 41
The All American Rejects
The Strokes
Thursday