Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 AM   #1
HelterSkelter
High School JV MVP

HelterSkelter has decent reputationHelterSkelter has decent reputation
Default In their primes: Boomer Esiason or Drew Bledsoe?

HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:37 AM   #2
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: In their primes: Boomer Esiason or Drew Bledsoe?

Why do you keep starting these kind of threads?

I'd go with Boomer. Beldsoe's teams seemed to go on to do much better after he got injured.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:45 AM   #3
HelterSkelter
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Why do you keep starting these kind of threads?

are you annoyed?

sorry I just like to hear answers.. I like comparing players and teams...
Old 05-06-2010, 05:15 AM   #4
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No, I'm just curious as to why you were starting these threads. They just seem kind of random. Is there a reason why you chose Bledsoe and Esiason?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:20 AM   #5
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dig these thread Helter, because you are picking good comparisons...and it is the off season, good to look back and catch up on former player stats and what they really were...

If you were comparing like Rice to Galloway or something it would be different...lol

ummm....let's see here

Drew Bledsoe:

TD-INT 251-206
Yards 44,611
QB Rating 77.1

Boomer Esiason:

TD-INT 247-184
Passing yards 37,920
QB Rating 81.1

both were 4 time pro bowlers...

Boomer was actually MVP in 88...wow

both are 6'5"....that is interesting, never really thought either were that tall for some reason...

okay here is why you have to take Boomer though:

Bledsoe Post-season records and statistics

4-3 record in post-season
3-3 in the post-season as a starter (3-0 at home)
252 passes attempted
129 passes completed
51.1 Completion Percentage
54.9 QB Rating
1335 passing yards
6 passing touchdowns
12 passes intercepted

21 passing attempts per interception in the post-season
42 passing attempts per TD in the post-season
2-0 in AFC Championship games (in last Patriots appearance came off bench for injured Brady to win at Pittsburgh January 2002)
1 Super Bowl Championship (2001, New England Patriots)

Boomer is also left handed...which can be seen as a + because of the blind side being on the weak side...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #6
HelterSkelter
High School JV MVP

hey prime, I'm surprised you didn't pick a former cowboy.. peace.

Quote:
both are 6'5"....that is interesting, never really thought either were that tall for some reason...

that's the most surprising thing i read between them.. 6'5? wow. taller than Moss? they are very small 6'5s..

I was surprised too that Bledsoe had more passing TDs than Boomer. Since Boomer played n a high powered offense..
Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bledsoe is a "Ewing Theory" guy, unfortunatley for him.

Helter, I like these threads to. You're picking similar players, and aside from the Sapp/Randle thread, you're picking guys that were stars, but not sure fire HOFers.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:24 AM   #8
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Boomer.

Best play fake ever. Fellow Terp.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate Drew Bledsoe. He folded like paper under pressure. For every great play, he made 5 boneheaded ones. I know nothing of Boomer, but give me him 10 times out of 10.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #10
GOAT24
LA ALL DAY

GOAT24 has an OK reputation so far

I will forever hate bledsoe for getting injured and lettng that shithead get a chance to play qb
GOAT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: