Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-07-2010, 02:46 AM   #16
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: pass or no pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Haha that's just cold man

Serves them right for not running back on Defense. Any team I play on I expect everyone fully commited on 2 sides of the floor. Why should I respect him by giving the ball to him on offense if he didn't help capture the ball in the first place.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #17
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

No man I totally agree... **** em

Unless it's obvious that they are really tired. I'm not going to ask someone to do more than they are really capable of... Like if we have been on for like 5 games, I expect there to be some fatigue and they are just pickup games after all (I'd feel differently if the games really meant something tho).

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 05-07-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #18
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin112
if a bricklayer is spotting up at the 3 point line ready to shoot a three, he's open and clapping for the ball, what do u do? keep in mind he can't shoot worth shiet.

Hell no.

I tell them to cut or set a pick and roll afterwards if they want the ball. I'm upfront about that type of stuff. If you cant shoot, stop shooting 3's in a game. Go practice.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:57 AM   #19
realbo89
Can barely lace up my sneakers

realbo89 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
It depends. If we're winning and we can afford a turnover, I'd give it to him so he wouldn't whine later on. If we're losing and we're trying to catch up, I'd ignore him and do my best to score or help my teammates score.
great ,u r telling me
realbo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #20
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Passing and running for the board, getting the board and scoring inside everyone happy on my team
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #21
nolebball
Decent playground baller

nolebball has no real reputation yet.

It really depends on how he's performing in all other facets. If he's showed skill in other areas, but just isn't hitting it, I'd give it to him. For all you (the passer) know, he's just cold at the time and will get it finally. If he's got the form, he obviously knows what he's doing. I know that I've had some cold nights and a confident teammate can really help you out.
nolebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:57 AM   #22
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

I would pass it to him. Eh, if he misses, he misses. I am a team player and I want people to see that I am a team player. I don't want to look like a ball hog. If he misses, then he will look bad and people can ride him about it.

Sometimes, you got to remember that basketball is just a sport, and that we are all here just to have fun.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #23
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

You wouldn't know bball was a team game based on that post. You want to be a team player because it's the most effective way to win... not because your worried about people thinking your a hog... and if the guy misses a shot it's not ok because he 's the one that looks bad...

I know it's only pickup, but an attitude like that is not a winning one.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #24
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

I would wait 2 seconds to see if another person is going to be open then pass it. I only hustle when the competition is proer than me. It's because when I hustle, the game just becomes to simple. It becomes like pass->dribble to right side->pass to freethrow line->catch pass then layup. I like winning, but it's not that important.
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: