Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #16
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: If you could add 1 current player to your favorite team

Why would we take a running back? Our offensive line isn't built to run block.

Revis wouldn't be ideal either since we play cover 2 a lot.

We haven't had an all-pro up the middle in forever. We go DT.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #17
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Why would we take a running back? Our offensive line isn't built to run block.

Revis wouldn't be ideal either since we play cover 2 a lot.

We haven't had an all-pro up the middle in forever. We go DT.
why wouldn't Revis be ideal in a cover 2?
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #18
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Because it devalues him to our team. He's best at man to man, it a blitzing style defense or a cover 1 defense. You can put average corners in a cover 2 scheme and still have the defense run properly.

We don't have the other players to play a cover 1 or blitz a lot and not get burned. So we'd be forced to still play a cover 2 defense with Revis.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #19
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Because it devalues him to our team. He's best at man to man, it a blitzing style defense or a cover 1 defense. You can put average corners in a cover 2 scheme and still have the defense run properly.

We don't have the other players to play a cover 1 or blitz a lot and not get burned. So we'd be forced to still play a cover 2 defense with Revis.
every team runs cover 1-2-3...you think the Jets only run a cover-1?

if you are saying that the Colts play cover 2 the majority of the time, that would still give the FS and SS one less WR to worry about...

Revis would be a huge upgrade to any team in the NFL, except for Dallas where Newman and Jenkins are better than he is...but he could still be our nickle back...
Old 06-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #20
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Obviously every team plays every varient of "cover" defense, but Indy is running cover 2 75% of the time. Revis wouldn't be the type of impact player in our style of defense because not much is asked of our corners compared to a straight cover 1 or a blitz heavy defense.

You can't put Revis on an island in a cover 2 scheme either, because than the sfaety over the top has to cover both the flat (which would be vacant by Revis because he goes where ever the wideout he is defending goes) and the back half of the field....wouldn't work.

We'd have to transform into a man to man defense with lots of blitzes to maximize Revis, and that wouldn't work because the rest of our players aren;t built for that.

Consider yourself schooled!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
every team runs cover 1-2-3...you think the Jets only run a cover-1?

if you are saying that the Colts play cover 2 the majority of the time, that would still give the FS and SS one less WR to worry about...

Revis would be a huge upgrade to any team in the NFL, except for Dallas where Newman and Jenkins are better than he is...but he could still be our nickle back...

I hope you weren't being serious. I'm not even one of those "REVIS IS THA BEST CB IN THA HISTORY OF DA NFL" people. But surely you weren't serious.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #22
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Obviously every team plays every varient of "cover" defense, but Indy is running cover 2 75% of the time. Revis wouldn't be the type of impact player in our style of defense because not much is asked of our corners compared to a straight cover 1 or a blitz heavy defense.

You can't put Revis on an island in a cover 2 scheme either, because than the sfaety over the top has to cover both the flat (which would be vacant by Revis because he goes where ever the wideout he is defending goes) and the back half of the field....wouldn't work.

We'd have to transform into a man to man defense with lots of blitzes to maximize Revis, and that wouldn't work because the rest of our players aren;t built for that.

Consider yourself schooled!
you wouldn't HAVE to go more man-to-man but with Revis you would certainly want to...that is the pay off, like when Dallas brought Deion here (sorry fellas all I could think of) the defense had to adjust, it was said that Deion took away half of the feild so that gave the other DBs the ability to just focus on the other side...

although, I guess Deion did more zone more than man...I think

actually I am not sure about that at all with Deion, I do know they never glued him to the #1 like the Jets do with Revis though...

Revis CAN play zone...I'm sure

IDK, I bet if you wre to run a poll on a Colt's website on who would you ratherhave between K-Will and Revis the poll would lean heavy toward Revis...

and Peterson or CJ would be crazy scary on the Colt's offense...lol

they certainly wouldn't be able to stack the box with Peyton at QB
Old 06-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #23
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I hope you weren't being serious. I'm not even one of those "REVIS IS THA BEST CB IN THA HISTORY OF DA NFL" people. But surely you weren't serious.
yes dude...lol

I was kidding...

my homerism is so strong that even statements like that make people wonder...

I firmly believe that Revis is the best CB in the NFL...better than Aso...infact I think it is inargueable right now that he is better than Aso...

Now that I think about it, I might even place Woodson over Aso, however Woodson is getting up there in age now, so he should be out of this particular thread...
Old 06-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #24
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Who cares what dumb Colts fans would say? I just put it in the easiest way possible for you to understand why Revis isn't a great fit for our team when you consider we could get KW instead.

KW is born to play in our defense. Revis is not.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:46 AM   #25
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Who cares what dumb Colts fans would say? I just put it in the easiest way possible for you to understand why Revis isn't a great fit for our team when you consider we could get KW instead.

KW is born to play in our defense. Revis is not.
This is just going to have to be another disagreement between us I guess, lol.

no big deal...we do that, me and you...

I believe Revis is a GREAT fit anywhere...

I get that you don't believe the rest of your DBs could handle man coverage and that you don't think you have a decent pass rush, but IMO Revis would make everyone else look like studs (see the NY Jets) not scrubs...

I don't think your pick of K-Will is bad at though...to be clear...well thought out
Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #26
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

I would like to have Adrian Peterson as rb for the Patriots. He would do a great job there. We never really had a good running game there.
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #27
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

patrick willis and brandon marhsall to the Giants!
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: