Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default For every good thing Isiah Thomas has done .. there's a bad thing!

: for every good thing Isiah Thomas has done, there is a bad thing. Let's look over it shall we????

Good Thing: Trading for Stephon Marbury +20

Bad Thing: Trading for Steve Francis -30

Good Thing:Trading Kurt Thomas for Quenton Richardson +10

Bad Thing: Signing Fat Bastard Jerome James, and trading for Jalen Rose -3,0000,0000,0000

Good Thing: Trading for Eddy Curry +10

Bad Thing: Giving up 1rst Overall Draft Picks for it! -80

Good Thing: Drafting Nate Robinson, Channing Frye, David Lee and Renaldo Balman <-- Yes it's a good thing! +20

Bad Thing: Drafting Mardy Collins and passing up Marcus Williams for Balkman when you know you could of had him later in the draft! -30

Good Thing: Letting Herb Williams be interm coach. +5.

Bad Thing: Hiring Lenny Wilkens, and Larry Brown to a $50 Mill for how many years???? -1,000.

Good Thing: Isiah Thomas is the coach. +10

Bad Thing: Isiah Thomas is the GM. Priceless
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

The problem with having too much money is you have a habit of throwing too much of it out there trying to fix the mistakes you made. That only makes it worse.

The Yankees have done that until Cashman finally has full control now.

It's called fiscal responsibility.

I think Zeke was told by Dolan enough........

He's on a short leash which is making him work with what he has.

He still has to prove he made good trades and signings and is still playing contracts and not players.

James is paying over Cato because James makes more money. Same for Jefferies over Lee.

Zeke comes up with some lame excuse for his rotations.

I think he should just let Herb run things now that there is some sanity and fire himself as the coach. Return to being the GM and let's see how Herb does. I'm sure any competent coach can do as good as Zeke has done as a coach.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
: for every good thing Isiah Thomas has done, there is a bad thing. Let's look over it shall we????

Good Thing: Trading for Stephon Marbury +20

Bad Thing: Trading for Steve Francis -30

Good Thing:Trading Kurt Thomas for Quenton Richardson +10

Bad Thing: Signing Fat Bastard Jerome James, and trading for Jalen Rose -3,0000,0000,0000

Good Thing: Trading for Eddy Curry +10

Bad Thing: Giving up 1rst Overall Draft Picks for it! -80

Good Thing: Drafting Nate Robinson, Channing Frye, David Lee and Renaldo Balman <-- Yes it's a good thing! +20

Bad Thing: Drafting Mardy Collins and passing up Marcus Williams for Balkman when you know you could of had him later in the draft! -30

Good Thing: Letting Herb Williams be interm coach. +5.

Bad Thing: Hiring Lenny Wilkens, and Larry Brown to a $50 Mill for how many years???? -1,000.

Good Thing: Isiah Thomas is the coach. +10

Bad Thing: Isiah Thomas is the GM. Priceless

I had to quote it. Most of It looks good.

1) I believe Mardy can play. Wasn't bad for temple. Defense minded.
2) '06 years draft wasn't that good and still did OK. Top 10 are potential only.
3) '07 Draft has even more potential, and we won't be a bottom feeder by seasons end. We WILL be vying for a playoff spot.

Zeke lost street cred for signing both JJ's They play like garbage
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
The problem with having too much money is you have a habit of throwing too much of it out there trying to fix the mistakes you made. That only makes it worse.

The Yankees have done that until Cashman finally has full control now.

It's called fiscal responsibility.

I think Zeke was told by Dolan enough........

He's on a short leash which is making him work with what he has.

He still has to prove he made good trades and signings and is still playing contracts and not players.

James is paying over Cato because James makes more money. Same for Jefferies over Lee.

Zeke comes up with some lame excuse for his rotations.

I think he should just let Herb run things now that there is some sanity and fire himself as the coach. Return to being the GM and let's see how Herb does. I'm sure any competent coach can do as good as Zeke has done as a coach.

Herb Williams is not the answer. Zeke built this team. I agree with Dolan. You built it you coach it. Zeke has his job secure. He has Marbs playing great. The Knicks play hard. Most of the time. He can't show the boss that he is wasting money. He HAS to play theses guys. Even though I don't want to see them either. I wouldn't mind seeing Lee start but starting is OVERRATED. Besides Lee is kind of slow on defense. he has great anticipation for the ball. That's why he gets the rebounds. The times he has started he has been in foul trouble cause true SF's blow by him. The guy plays 30 minutes OFF THE BENCH. AND HE IS ALWAYS IN THE GAME DURING THE FOURTH QUARTER. Now Jeffries is taking mad minutes away from Balkman for sure.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: