Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-24-2006, 06:39 AM   #16
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE
Yes he can guard big, slow, Bagaric but can he guard fast and let say "modern" center of NBA. I say no not a chance.
I saw him play against Cibona Zagreb in euroleague, he play... let just say he didn't play. he play first 5-6 min and he was that bed that coach Blatt throw him out. He play again later but he can't guard Damir Markota (SEcound round prospect in 2006 draft) He was to fast for him. Getin' three points and jump shot all over the court

I know. He has been inconsistent, and I am not convinced he will be as good as some people think. However, he lifted his game towards the end of the season, and defended pretty well in the Italian playoffs. He played a lot in the end of the season, and Italian league is one of the most competitive leagues where a young nba prospect can play.

And yes, I agree that he would have problem guarding centres who move better. All I was saying that the comparisons to Skita and pre-nba Dirk are not valid.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:49 AM   #17
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

He scored 13 points per game which is pretty good in that high level of competition.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #18
BCB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BCB has an OK reputation so far

Comparing this guy to Nikoloz Tskitishvili is ridiculous, Andrea Bargnani has played and competed against good European players and is actually putting up good numbers.

Nikoloz Tskitishvili and players like Darko Milicic were just 17 year old's with potential just sitting on the bench in Europe and scouts would go to see them and they wouldn't play.

Bargnani has a great first step, a nice jumpshot and good shotblocking skills, he's a complete package except his defense/rebounding is behind his offense but so was Nowitzki's coming out of Germany.
BCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:12 AM   #19
Olympus

IMHO Bargnani cannot be compared to any other european guy playing in the NBA right now.
Nowitzki? At the same age, he was playing in the second german league (wurzburg) and he didn't show anything of what we're looking today.
Skita? He was playing in the same european team: sorry, playing is not the right word.....he was warming the bench, carrying the water and spinning towels. (remember m.l. carr??)
Gasol? Different player; Pau has a better post game but is a worse shooter.
Darko? Darko who?? Even in Europe he was like an UFO.

Don't know if he's really a n1 pick, but sure he will be a good NBA player: the team picking him will be happy to see a guy with a good working attitude and an easy learner. Some pounds around his bones will make him a tremendous power forward, hoping he won't lose his feet quickness.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #20
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

I think people will be quick to say he is a bust expecially if Toronto drafts him with Bosh and Villaneuva on his team. If he finds a team that doesn't already have two similar players then he will suceed.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:49 PM   #21
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Yes, Bargnani's game is similar to Dirk's, but the scenario is different. Dirk hadn't palyed on the highest level in europe before drafted. Bargnani has already that and is a more developed inside player
Then why are you telling me that I'm "ridiculous" for comparing the two. You just said yourself that their games are similar.

You make no sense here. You're just getting mad and upset because I've compared to him to two players who had the exact same scouting reports before they were drafted.

Face it, they are similar. He's better than Skita. Not as good as Dirk. What's the problem? Oh, he plays a little bit inside? So does Dirk. What are you complaining about?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:35 PM   #22
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Then why are you telling me that I'm "ridiculous" for comparing the two. You just said yourself that their games are similar.

You make no sense here. You're just getting mad and upset because I've compared to him to two players who had the exact same scouting reports before they were drafted.

Face it, they are similar. He's better than Skita. Not as good as Dirk. What's the problem? Oh, he plays a little bit inside? So does Dirk. What are you complaining about?

I had a problem with comparing him as a draft prospect to Dirk. Dirk before he joined the league and Bargnani now (before he has joined the league) are two totally different type of prospects. Yes, if everything goes right, Bargnani may end up being a similar player as Nowitzki, but before the draft they were in very different kind of situations and therefore different types of prospects.

"He is better than Skita. Not as good as Dirk"???? What does that mean? Yeah, one could also say he is better than Brian Cook but not as good as Kevin Garnett. Bargnani doesn't have really anything in common with Skita, or Darko for that matter.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #23
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
"He is better than Skita. Not as good as Dirk"???? What does that mean? Yeah, one could also say he is better than Brian Cook but not as good as Kevin Garnett. Bargnani doesn't have really anything in common with Skita, or Darko for that matter.
I never mentioned Darko.

I mentioned Skita because Skita was compared to Dirk. All three are very similar. Skita just isn't very good, but the skills are there. Skita, coming into his draft, was compared to Dirk. The skills they described for him sound a lot like Bargnani's only Andrea has actually proved his worth.

See what I'm saying? Dirk, Skita, and Andrea are all described as roughly the same player. However, Dirk is the real deal, Skita only looks like that in practice situations, and Bargnani is caught in the middle of it all until he gets to the NBA.

The Brian Cook/Kevin Garnett thing doesn't fly because those guys aren't similar. You may not think Skita and Dirk are similar but they are. They're all 7 foot shooters. Turns out Skita is only a shooter when he's in a gym by himself.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #24
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

He gave Bosh fits (But then again, it was a meaningless pre-season game)
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:59 PM   #25
Unregistered

Default I have seen Highlights

I saw a few videos of Bargnani and he looks very good. He has a nice range and a good first step for a seven footer. He played at the ACC and from what I heard he showed good potential. I am not sure he should be the #1 pick but we'll see next year if he proves me wrong.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:31 AM   #26
Unregistered

Does he remind any of u guys of Mehmet Okur? They both have 3pt range and good ball skills but arent that great with their back to the basket.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:10 AM   #27
Unregistered

I saw Bargnani play in European League.
Bargnani is a poor Pau Gasol or Dirk N.

Pau Gasol had a good shooting in Barcelona before the NBA limited him to a post player wiht no range.
But Gasol was the best European player at that time and Bargnani isn't. He is slower, weak and just a jump shooter. He is clearly below Dirk and Pau. And a mistake is you take him in the fisrt 6 picks.
And he is not clearly the n1. NO post presence, no defence and not rebounds. Just shoot.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:10 AM   #28
fatboy11

Why not register?

Who is going to listen to someone who can't even take 20 seconds to make up a username and register?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:50 AM   #29
hamburgerbuddy33
I airball my layups

hamburgerbuddy33 has no real reputation yet.
Talking

this guys good
hamburgerbuddy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: