Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Julian Wright Refuses to Enter Game

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...aptors-138-100

Quote:
It got so bad for the Raptors, who trailed by as many as 47 points, that forward Julian Wright refused to be a part of the proceedings. Jay Triano, the Raptors head coach, said he asked Wright to go into the game at some point in the third quarter, only to watch Wright remain firmly seated on the visitors’ bench.

“I just went to the next guy,” said Triano. “I wasn’t going to ask him twice.”

Wright, in the end, was the only able-bodied Raptor on the active roster who did not play.

“I asked (Wright) to go in, and he didn’t go in,” Triano said. “I know he went to the washroom just before that. I don’t know if he wasn’t feeling well. I still haven’t talked to him.”

Wright, who left the locker-room in haste after the game, refused to answer a reporter’s questions about his non-performance.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Wright said. “Speculate on anything you want.”

One locker-room source speculated that Wright, whose playing time has been down of late, was upset that he was only being asked to enter the game after it had degenerated into an epic blowout

“Everybody knew (Wright) was mad on the bench,” said the source.

When you're Julian Wright, you don't get to dictate when you do and don't entre NBA basketball games. He should be happy he's in the NBA and not in the D-League.

By all rights, Raps should make a statement and show that the players aren't running the show, even in a bad year. They bent over for Hedo last year (we saw what that did), and if they do it for Julian Wright, they deserve less respect than they're getting throughout the league.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Julian Wright Refuses to Enter Game

Didn't realize this was being discussed in another thread...
Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Release him, they cannot have a player refusing to enter the game, especially some scrub like Julian Wright.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Hey I mean at some point you gotta feel sorry for Julian...one of the few players on this squad that can play a lick of D is asked to be brought in during a blow out? Come on now Jay

Boneheaded move on Julian though...you can't get any burn on one of the worst teams in the league what makes you think pulling this move will make things better?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's a scrub and he always has been in the NBA. Really not worth much attention. When you can't beat out guys like Kleiza, James Johnson and Weems, that says something about your game.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Release him right now.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Prove why you should be on this team, and then get back to me.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #8
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

" Wright available to play for TOR@LAC after refusing to enter Fri's blowout loss at GSW. "It's been handled internally," says GM Colangelo"
Old 03-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

haha, "it's been handled internally" I know that's the standard answer whenever there's an issue but I feel like in this case it pretty much means he's getting the Weems treatment. Aka, know your role and shut your mouth.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: