Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Default ESPN's Cowherd talking smack

This am, from his radio program, Colin Cowherd who also host ESPN's SportsNation is declaring that the current Bulls team will break many Chicago fans' hearts in the playoffs because they will lose.
He said while chuckling that no way this team can rely on Deng, Boozer and Noah as their 2nd, 3rd and 4th best players and that Rose, their top dog is only shooting 44%.
Interestingly tho, he also said a few days back that Boston is in serious trouble after hearing that Shaq will probably be not ready and healthy in the playoffs.
For me the Bulls biggest weakness is their lack of experience playing together in the playoffs.
Their strongest points are their defense esp on half court sets, their physicality which would help them control the boards, their depth interms of Thomas, Gibson and Asik being ready to step in, and last but not the least, Rose's ability to get high % shots and get to the line.
Question marks would be
1. Thibs ability to adjust from game to game basis
2. CJ Watson's ability to step in and play with poise when Rose is resting.
3. Deng's, Bogans' ability to shoot consistently
4. Korver's ability to really defend
5. Noah's ankle.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 04-09-2011 at 12:58 AM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

Default Re: ESPN's Cowherd talking smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
This am, from his radio program, Colin Cowherd who also host ESPN's SportsNation is declaring that the current Bulls team will break many Chicago fans' hearts in the playoffs because they will lose.
He said while chuckling that no way this team can rely on Deng, Boozer and Noah as their 2nd, 3rd and 4th best players and that Rose, their top dog is only shooting 44%.
Interestingly tho, he also said a few days back that Boston is in serious trouble after hearing that Shaq will probably be not ready and healthy in the playoffs.
For me the Bulls biggest weakness is their lack of experience playing together in the playoffs.
Their strongest points are their defense esp on half court sets, their physicality which would help them control the boards, their depth interms of Thomas, Gibson and Asik being ready to step in, and last but not the least, Rose's ability to get high % shots and get to the line.
Question marks would be
1. Thibs ability to adjust from game to game basis
2. CJ Watson's ability to step in and play with poise when Rose is resting.
3. Deng's, Bogans' ability to shoot consistently
4. Korver's ability to really defend
5. Noah's ankle.

I couldn't care less these days about what non-Bulls fans think of the Bulls. To be honest, I am even finding it difficult to care what other Bulls fans are feeling. Any of these guys that gets paid to talk about sports for a living is typically a loser that just shits out of his mouth. Don't care...

1) Seriously though...just how awesome is the Bulls big-man rotation? I luv it.

2) Qustioning Thibs? Honestly, I would choose Thibs over Phil Jackson already for my all-time Bulls team. I don't ever wish to see another coach on the sideline for the Bulls.

3) Yeah...CJ in the playoffs is a legitimate question mark and a weakness against top teams.

4) Korver? You know...they say that about every white American player. It seems to me that the guy is trying as hard as he possibly can. If I see him looking like he doesn't give a shit about anything but launching his next trey, then I will worry about how he is affecting the team.

Whatever happens from here on out this season has been an incredible success. The FO just needs to find a competent SG and keep this group together.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

This idiot cowherd knows nothing about basketball, he's a damn baseball analyst who ignorantly speaks on basketball for ratings pops. Not to mention nobody takes this clown seriously.

Last edited by Abe Frohman : 04-09-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Fuhqueue
Pick and rofl offence

Obviously there are question marks, this is a new team and playoffs are huge. It's key that so much of our roster has playoff experience, Omer and CJ Watson are the only playoff virgins, (along with Thibs as a head coach). Rose and Noah dragged us into the playoffs both seasons before this one, and put in epic battles as underdogs, but we are untested as favourites

Still confident though. I don't anticipate Rose's or the team's mentality wavering any with the raised expectations. Does anybody, seriously? (who isn't trolling). All we've seen all year from this team is drive and focus. Plus Thibs is a new HC but not at all new to the playoffs.
Fuhqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
dak121
College superstar

Why anyone would ever listen to sports (or news/talk) radio in general is beyond me.

It's pure garbage that appeasses to meathead mouthbreathers with a need for something to get angry about. Even worse than ESPN itself.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

i just want to know where i can buy a 2011 champions poster With bulls team in it.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Frohman
This idiot cowherd knows nothing about basketball, he's a damn baseball analyst who ignorantly speaks on basketball for ratings pops. Not to mention nobody takes this clown seriously.

Agreed, he doesn't know jack shit about basketball. He barely knows anything about baseball either.

All that faggot ever does is spew the "popular opinion", and trash the team that's popular to talk shit about.

Nothing he says is worth listening to. Similar to Skip Bayless and Chris Broussard.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:46 AM   #8
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Why anyone would ever listen to sports (or news/talk) radio in general is beyond me.

It's pure garbage that appeasses to meathead mouthbreathers with a need for something to get angry about. Even worse than ESPN itself.

I can agree with dak here. These guys make big bucks because they know how to stir shit, not because they accurately predict outcomes. Even Vegas odds are off base, but more people buy into morons like Bayless, Cowherd, LeBaretard than are influenced by real money, prediction markets.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #9
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
I couldn't care less these days about what non-Bulls fans think of the Bulls. To be honest, I am even finding it difficult to care what other Bulls fans are feeling. Any of these guys that gets paid to talk about sports for a living is typically a loser that just shits out of his mouth. Don't care...

1) Seriously though...just how awesome is the Bulls big-man rotation? I luv it.

2) Qustioning Thibs? Honestly, I would choose Thibs over Phil Jackson already for my all-time Bulls team. I don't ever wish to see another coach on the sideline for the Bulls.

3) Yeah...CJ in the playoffs is a legitimate question mark and a weakness against top teams.

4) Korver? You know...they say that about every white American player. It seems to me that the guy is trying as hard as he possibly can. If I see him looking like he doesn't give a shit about anything but launching his next trey, then I will worry about how he is affecting the team.

Whatever happens from here on out this season has been an incredible success. The FO just needs to find a competent SG and keep this group together.

I love Thibs but the reality is we don't know how he will adjust on game to game basis when he actually face ONE team per series. Phil looks bored and half asleep in the regulars but his success speaks for itself. There are coaches who looked good in the regulars, guys like Flip Saunders who took the Twolves and Detroit to 50 win seasons then failed in the playoffs.
I don't think Korver is a weak defender but it just seemed to me that he has a chip on his shoulder, trying too hard to show to everyone he can defend that he was foolishly fouled his man on crucial 4th quarters, sending them to the line atleast in few games.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:47 AM   #10
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

I don't Think Cowherd is stupid like most of you think. The guys actually gets paid for his opinions, his shows are heard all over LA and even in Florida etc, Sportsnation etc. IMO, his logic and reasoning are fine, using other facts/stats that most fans don't even consider like Uconn's road record etc. Yes, he stirs things up to create controversy, irking some fans like us. But come on, who among us actually predicted that the Bulls would actually have the best record in the East, sweeping the Heat, beating out Boston etc? The reality is the Bulls have some question marks, but I remain hopefull bec of how they fared against top teams, having great momentum and will to win at the end of the season.
Seeing them win it all will even be more special for me bec that means Cowterd would be proven wrong once again, just when he said Aaron Rogers was overrated.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #11
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I don't Think Cowherd is stupid like most of you think.

Oh, there is no way that you can imagine how stupid I think he is. The measurement for his stupidity is astronomical.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #12
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

I don't think it is so wise to criticize a team that may possibly win 62 games this season. Hope to see Cowherd get totally fooled.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: