Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 05-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #616
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Jotaro Durant has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: May 1: Playoffs Round 2, Grizzlies at Thunder Game 1

I've said it before but Russ and Harden are the key players for OKC in this series. We were inconsistent on defense tonight, we could play better than this. You can't expect KD to score 40 a game, because unlike Denver, we can't win this series that way.

Z-Bo and Marc are better players than Ibaka and Perk but we could contain them more than we did tonight, but we won't stop them.

KD had 33-11 on 50+% shooting, but Harden and Russ need to step up.

Good win for the Grizz, you guys could definitely take this series.

Game 2 is a must-win for us.
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #617
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

That's it. I am officially on the Memphis Grizzly bandwagon...

...until they meet the Lakers in the WCF, that is!

GO Z-BO!
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #618
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Even though they beat the spurs, this grizzly team is making me a fan. Go Grizz! But still, i predict the mavs to go all the way. The gasol brother fighting against each other looks like a great matchup though.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #619
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

There's a lot of OKC hillbilly's wallowing their sorrows in moonshine tonight.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 AM   #620
Soothing Layup
High School Varsity 12th Man

Soothing Layup has an OK reputation so far

Hahaha you guys are funny.

Thunder in 6 or 7. BOOK IT.
Soothing Layup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:36 AM   #621
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

KDthunderup has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
There's a lot of OKC hillbilly's wallowing their sorrows in moonshine tonight.
Mate, atleast OKC still have a team.
KDthunderup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #622
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i missed the game this morning so i just finally caught up. just a few things i noticed:

westbrook has to settle down. he was making some awful decisions in the first half. not reading plays right, jumping in the air to pass (i hate that) and just looking a bit lost in the paint. he either needs to draw contact or finish the play. he doesn't contort his body like rose does. i've said it before but until he improves his decision making, he's a borderline top 5 PG. he's a incredible athlete with room to improve.

gervais - dude is putting in some quality minutes. i actually wanted LA to pick him up last season due to what i saw of him in college. quick decisions

rebounding. unlike pau, marc will box out. gasol is also effective at pick n' roll. that's two pick n' roll bigs that can do damage for memphis. that's dangerous. gasol can hit from the elbow and FT line

durant was on. i still do not get why OKC doesn't run him off more curls cuz dude can be deadly that way.

battier - such an underrated trade transaction for this team. how many people were talking about how much this trade would help memphis? he was a +12 today. i know that isn't always reliable but it's a start. he hit key shots and a got a key block.

z-bo. how do you legit stop this guy? so much talent, can finish with either hand, soft hands for putbacks. kills in the pick n roll because he either pops out for the jumper or finds the soft spot. is there any question attitude and b-ball IQ was what was holding this guy back? hell, he's a willing passer now too. plus, he's patient. last season, he stepped up his game in the regular season. now he's doing it in the playoffs.

both teams have been prone to a couple mistakes late. i originally thought OKC was gonna win this but memphis has me thinking. i'm just gonna say it will go 7 cuz taking HCA is HUGE.
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #623
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

(Originally posted before the game yesterday)
In order to win, Memphis must dominate inside w Gasol the Younger & Z-Bo, and Conley must force Westbrook into Kobe mode, and Battier + Trick or Treat Tony must force KD into tough shots. (So far, so good after game 1)

OKLA should offset Memphis' frontcourt w Perkins, Ibaka, Collison & Nazr. Since neither Tony nor Battier are as physical as Artest, KD should go off for 30 per game on good shooting % in this series. Conley was great vs Tony Parker but Westbrook is bigger, faster & more athletic than Parker.

Oklahoma doesn't have much playoff experience, outside of Perkins, so they may not be able to maintain focus but they have the two of the three best players in the series.
Thunder in 7
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #624
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Never I thought I would say this, but Memphis has been the most impressive team in the playoffs.

The world is finding out how good Z-Bo is. It's great to see him have success on a winning team, and getting attention from the mainstream press. He had issues early in his career, and he's matured a lot. Dude is a beast.

Marc Gasol has been extremely impressive. Who would of thought he'd be outplaying his brother at this point?

This is going to be a great series. I wouldn't be surprised to see it going to 7 games. Memphis getting to the WCF would be something.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: