Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 03-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default McGrady To Remain A Piston?

It sounds like Joe D wants to try to keep McGrady past this season...

Quote:
McGrady has been a part-time starter for the Pistons, averaging 23.7 minutes. But McGrady vows hes content, and said Detroit will be first on his list when he becomes a free agent after the season. Ive had talks with Joe (Dumars) and he definitely wants to bring me back, McGrady said of the Detroit executive. And Im excited about him having that willingness to bring me back. But that is something that I will evaluate. Maybe Ill be here again.

Dumars confirmed he has interest in retaining McGrady. Ive had conversations with Tracy about going forward beyond this season, Dumars wrote in an e-mail. We both agreed that we would sit down after the season and discuss his future in more detail. *********.com

With the way he just got benched not too long ago and how the whole team feels about Kuester I think it's still a 50/50 thing. Honestly, there probably are better situations out there for him where he can play just as much and have a chance to win a championship. With that said, if we end up losing Tay that will free up quite a bit of PT for him and even some of the younger guys. It might make him a full time starter at that point, which might not happen with a contender. I'd like to see him back, mainly because I just don't see us attracting any other FA's for the most part.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: McGrady To Remain A Piston?

I certainly wouldn't object to keeping him for the right price. It'd be almost silly to let him rehabilitate his image here and then let him leave for no value. He can play and I like his style. He makes plays for others. I wouldn't break the bank and I won't cry if he leaves, but I'd like to keep him. I don't blame him for the stuff that has gone on this year. Its been a disaster through and through.

I see Prince leaving though. With Daye in line to play more and TMac likely to be cheaper, I just don't see Prince sticking around. He can be a final piece for a contender if he goes somewhere like Dallas, or even the Clippers.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
tbrulz
I airball my layups

tbrulz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
I certainly wouldn't object to keeping him for the right price. It'd be almost silly to let him rehabilitate his image here and then let him leave for no value. He can play and I like his style. He makes plays for others. I wouldn't break the bank and I won't cry if he leaves, but I'd like to keep him. I don't blame him for the stuff that has gone on this year. Its been a disaster through and through.

I see Prince leaving though. With Daye in line to play more and TMac likely to be cheaper, I just don't see Prince sticking around. He can be a final piece for a contender if he goes somewhere like Dallas, or even the Clippers.

Agree on all pts. Really surprised no trades at the trade deadline for us.

Disappointed the Cavs deal fell through...RIP and Barron could have been BFFs! Tay for Kaman could have been good for both teams.
tbrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrulz
Agree on all pts. Really surprised no trades at the trade deadline for us.

Disappointed the Cavs deal fell through...RIP and Barron could have been BFFs! Tay for Kaman could have been good for both teams.

dont want kaman but wouldnt mind tay playing for the clips
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: