Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #616
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 27th, Playoffs Round 1, Sixers @ Heat Game 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Here is some highlights from Lebron THIS season and yes there was still explosion.. I have not seen this type of explosion since the all star break or maybe that 5 game losing streak..maybe there was an ever so slight decline from a couple yrs ago to start the season but since 4 or 5 weeks ago the decline alot more dramatic..this supports my theory he has some sort of injury or he is just worn down right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adilrqEB6qQ

I dont know whats wrong but he surely looks slower and less explosive. Especially now after the all star break as you said. Do you remember last night a play where Wade throw a long pass and Lebron and one of the sixers players started sprinting to the ball. I was sure that Lebron is gonna outrun him easily and dunk it but the outcome was totally different. They both get to the ball at the same time and Lebron missed a layup

Look at this clip, how fast and how much better his two leg jump is. Look at the dunk at the 0.15, how far away from the basket he is and he takes off of two feet and dunks it. Also look at the last dunk how fast he is, there is no way in hell that Bosh cathes him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6H3YgM1JHw
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #617
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Here is some highlights from Lebron THIS season and yes there was still explosion.. I have not seen this type of explosion since the all star break or maybe that 5 game losing streak..maybe there was an ever so slight decline from a couple yrs ago to start the season but since 4 or 5 weeks ago the decline alot more dramatic..this supports my theory he has some sort of injury or he is just worn down right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adilrqEB6qQ
Look NOTHING like 04-09 LeBron in any way shape or form.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #618
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
Look NOTHING like 04-09 LeBron in any way shape or form.

I think it's just a function of playing with Wade. Neither James nor Wade can fully into get into their rhythms or their comfort zones within the offensive sets or consistently get to their sweet spots on the floor. And that's because they play together. If James wasn't playing alongside Wade, he'd be able to accomplish all these things out on the floor and I believe he'd appear just as athletic as ever.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #619
2swift4u
High School Starter

2swift4u has decent reputation2swift4u has decent reputation

probably a mix of age and weight. he will never be as fast again as he was when he was 20, that's normal. also he gained some weight. maybe he feels it helps him in certain situations. it certainly doesn't make him any faster or jump higher but as long as he can adjust his game (e.g. become a better shooter etc.) it doesn't matter that much..
2swift4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #620
che guevara
National High School Star

che guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
I think it's just a function of playing with Wade. Neither James nor Wade can fully into get into their rhythms or their comfort zones within the offensive sets or consistently get to their sweet spots on the floor. And that's because they play together. If James wasn't playing alongside Wade, he'd be able to accomplish all these things out on the floor and I believe he'd appear just as athletic as ever.
That explanation makes no sense whatsoever.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:13 AM   #621
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

O_City_Thunder has decent reputationO_City_Thunder has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
Write it down: If Miami somehow survives this series, they are getting SWEPT by Boston. They suck.
O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: