Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #16
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Welcome Marshon Brooks, Bojan Bogdanović, and Jordan Williams to the Nets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puretalent365
I think the only thing that is gonna hold Brooks back from starting is Coach Johnson. I like Morrow but he has no all round game and his game is to depend on other people on the floor. Plus his defense is awful. With the year he just had teams will tighten up on him so he is gonna have to expend his offensive game which I believe isnt gonna happen.
I feel in time, Marshon will take the starting spot from Morrow. But for now, he needs to earn it.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #17
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation hereMTing has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Welcome Marshon Brooks, Bojan Bogdanović, and Jordan Williams to the Nets!

It might just be me because Vince is my favorite player but I dont like Jordan Williams picking 15 as his number.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #18
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I wouldn't mind Vince's jersey being retired for us.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
gigantes
‪ ‪

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nice to see them holding up nightskirts, but when are they going to get some actual jerseys?

but brooks' bowtie FTW!

let's make this interesting-

i'm going on record right now to say that brooks will be a bust. after two full seasons, if he becomes merely a sixth man on a playoff team, then i'll gladly eat crow and suffer any reasonable wager.

brooks, to me, is a loser, and the type of player i despise- a good gunner who sucks at all other areas of the game, owner of a lousy attitude, which means he's never likely to improve much. the NBA garbage heap is filled to overflowing with knuckleheads such as him.

king did very nicely this draft, considering how meager his picks were, but the first thing i would do if i were him is to trade brooks for any good NBA asset.

do it soon, while brooks' stock is high. don't advertise it as an attempt to get rid of brooks, but as an attempt to get some other player, causing the nets to 'reluctantly' throw in brooks. that's the right way to bullshit, and selling bullshit is one of the most important aspects of a GM's job.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #20
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I think Brooks will become either one of two players: Antoine Wright or a taller Jamal Crawford. If we're lucky, we have the next Danny Granger.. but my gut is torn on this one. I'm not good when I have internal biases. I want to say we got a nice player, but I felt this way when we drafted Wright..
Old 06-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #21
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Also, my Illinois bias is telling me we should sign Demetri McCamey. Deron can be a great mentor for him. He would've been a first rounder if he played with consistency. He's a big point guard with great vision..He really could learn a lot from watching Deron play for one or two years.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #22
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
nice to see them holding up nightskirts, but when are they going to get some actual jerseys?

but brooks' bowtie FTW!

let's make this interesting-

i'm going on record right now to say that brooks will be a bust. after two full seasons, if he becomes merely a sixth man on a playoff team, then i'll gladly eat crow and suffer any reasonable wager.

brooks, to me, is a loser, and the type of player i despise- a good gunner who sucks at all other areas of the game, owner of a lousy attitude, which means he's never likely to improve much. the NBA garbage heap is filled to overflowing with knuckleheads such as him.

king did very nicely this draft, considering how meager his picks were, but the first thing i would do if i were him is to trade brooks for any good NBA asset.

do it soon, while brooks' stock is high. don't advertise it as an attempt to get rid of brooks, but as an attempt to get some other player, causing the nets to 'reluctantly' throw in brooks. that's the right way to bullshit, and selling bullshit is one of the most important aspects of a GM's job.
25th pick a bust? I guess you are saying that for all the hype
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #23
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus has decent reputationNastradamus has decent reputation

Brooks has talent, but I kind of doubt he'll work out. It will depend on who he surroudns himself with and how his attitude and work ethic progress. You basically traded out Terrence WIlliams to get Brooks. Is that an upgrade? Not sure it is. Williams looked awful this past year, but the 2nd half of his rookie year he looked strong. Like a young Larry Hughes or something.

I may like Bogdanovic more. He should be a nice, sweet shooting SF. He won't be a star, but he'll know and own his role.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #24
IBig-Ballz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

IBig-Ballz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Brooks has talent, but I kind of doubt he'll work out. It will depend on who he surroudns himself with and how his attitude and work ethic progress. You basically traded out Terrence WIlliams to get Brooks. Is that an upgrade? Not sure it is. Williams looked awful this past year, but the 2nd half of his rookie year he looked strong. Like a young Larry Hughes or something.

I may like Bogdanovic more. He should be a nice, sweet shooting SF. He won't be a star, but he'll know and own his role.
Wished Bog would play the next season to see how good his overrated hype is
IBig-Ballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #25
gigantes
‪ ‪

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Also, my Illinois bias is telling me we should sign Demetri McCamey. Deron can be a great mentor for him. He would've been a first rounder if he played with consistency. He's a big point guard with great vision..He really could learn a lot from watching Deron play for one or two years.
this is the kind of move / signing we should be making IMO.

as we all know, it is crucial to please d-will, crucial to stock the team with young prospects, and crucial to take some chances in a poor draft year. especially while we're at the bottom, owning a fairly efficient salary structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
25th pick a bust? I guess you are saying that for all the hype
exactly.

also, because i've seen so many players come into the league with great offensive skills and little else, only to rapidly burn out of the league. a lot of that because so many nut-huggers (pardon my french) told them too many times that they were great, eventually ruining their attitudes, preventing them from ever being the players that they could. i don't think i need to mention any names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
You basically traded out Terrence WIlliams to get Brooks. Is that an upgrade? Not sure it is. Williams looked awful this past year, but the 2nd half of his rookie year he looked strong. Like a young Larry Hughes or something.
not sure your trade facts are right. looks like the t-will trade pick is next year.

regardless, i myself regret the t-will trade. that is a guy with the unique skills to be a champion, even before he one day works on his ball-handling and shooting. IMO he's not so much a bad seed as he is an unusual person, and it would have been worth it if we'd hired a counsellor or someone to translate between his world and the regular NBA, so to speak.

i see a lot of similarities between him and a ron artest-type, or possibly a dennis rodman. 'unusual' does not necessarily mean 'bad', and terrence was pretty-much the first victim of AJ's famous lack of tolerance and flexibility.

a lot of my pessimism on moore is due to the fact that i don't trust AJ to handle him well. fact is, i don't trust AJ to develop young players or lead a team to a championship.

let's hope i'm just wrong and pessimistic.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #26
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

I say give Brooks a chance. From what I heard, he had to shoulder a lot of the burden scoring wise in his senior year of college. And the dude still shot a decent 48% from the field. On the Nets, he will not have to do the 1-on-1 stuff with Deron as head honcho facilitating everything.

And as far as his defense, I'm not too worried about that. I'm more worried about our starting center's defense and rebounding which need vast improvement and is much more vital to the team's success.

We have bigger fish to fry than to worry about the 25th pick of an already weak draft. We have to get some real talent on this team to satisfy Deron and I doubt it's going to hinge on Marshon Brooks. Whatever he can provide to our pathetic excuse of a wing will be icing on the cake.

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 06-30-2011 at 07:19 PM.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:14 AM   #27
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Brooks was a very good pick up for you guys but don't underestimate Bogdanovic. He will be a very good role player in the NBA and you guys will be very happy with him.

I think when Bojan joins the Nets they should trade Morrow and have Brooks/Bogdanovic running the SG spot. That will be a very potent outside scoring duo.

Your future will be very bright if you can get a tough C or PF that can play next to soft Lopez and re sign Deron.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #28
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Happy 4th of July Guys :), The Lockout began a little while ago and this is pretty bad. Hopefully its not the full season. I want to see where this group can go with Deron. But we may not see that
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #29
gigantes
‪ ‪

marshon brooks has buzz. it's hard to miss the number of writers who are calling him "special." can't remember when so many people were so excited about a non-euro low draft pick before...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: