Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Tons of free agents hope to join Heat

South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports:

Still more than a week from the Dec. 9 post-lockout start of the NBA free-agency period, the Heat already have words of interest from Samuel Dalembert, expressions of interest from Shane Battier, and an open dialogue with Caron Butler, three of the more intriguing free-agent prospects in the Heat's spending range.

Dalembert, the native of Haiti who has a home in Boca Raton, told Fox Sports Florida that he would be intrigued to line up in the middle of a lineup that features LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

Dalembert said it "would be fantastic" to play for the Heat, but there certainly would be hurdles to clear. Foremost, Dalembert earned $13.4 million last season from the Sacramento Kings, with the Heat's bidding power limited to the $5 million mid-level exception.

Battier, by contrast, earned $7.4 million last season, so it would not be as severe a pay cut. The Memphis Grizzlies forward has mentioned several possible landing spots on his Twitter account, including the Heat, having worked with Heat executive Nick Arison when the two attended Duke.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Tons of free agents hope to join Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports:

Still more than a week from the Dec. 9 post-lockout start of the NBA free-agency period, the Heat already have words of interest from Samuel Dalembert, expressions of interest from Shane Battier, and an open dialogue with Caron Butler, three of the more intriguing free-agent prospects in the Heat's spending range.

Dalembert, the native of Haiti who has a home in Boca Raton, told Fox Sports Florida that he would be intrigued to line up in the middle of a lineup that features LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

Dalembert said it "would be fantastic" to play for the Heat, but there certainly would be hurdles to clear. Foremost, Dalembert earned $13.4 million last season from the Sacramento Kings, with the Heat's bidding power limited to the $5 million mid-level exception.

Battier, by contrast, earned $7.4 million last season, so it would not be as severe a pay cut. The Memphis Grizzlies forward has mentioned several possible landing spots on his Twitter account, including the Heat, having worked with Heat executive Nick Arison when the two attended Duke.

Heat dont have much room to move.
I wouldnt sign anyone until around the trade deadline.
You never know who will be bought out and accept a small contract.

Just play anyone to backup for now.

I definitely wouldn't use exceptions on average to below average players right now, and I sure as heck wouldn't use the amnesty.

I'd rather just start:

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Anthony

and have Cole, House, Haslem, Pittman, Miller (after a month) backup.
Haslem can back up the 3 and 4 for a bit.

Just wait and see how things pan out.

The Heat can make the finals as is. Some smart manouvers and patience could make a title much more achievable.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

Heat should target tolliver in a trade I think.
shooting and rebouding.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
Arroyo8
Great young streetballer

i know we are after some C's but i would love to see what pittman can offer this season
Arroyo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

Jason Collins might be a handy player for cheap.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:11 AM   #6
D-Wade316
F***

Fuck Dalembert.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: