Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator
 
insidehoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,621
Default Nets may not offer Brook Lopez an extension

Newark Star-Ledger:

Brook Lopez was able to shoot (without jumping), rebound and pass at practice. He got out of the protective boot he had been wearing on Tuesday, he said. Lopez was asked about general manager Billy King saying Wednesday he likely would not offer Lopez a contract extension.
The team has until Jan. 25 to sign Lopez to an extension, otherwise he will become a restricted free agent July 1.
Lopez claimed not to have thought about an extension. I didnt even know there was a deadline for contracts, honestly, Lopez said. I knew there was a trade deadline.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:03 AM   #2
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,570
Default Re: Nets may not offer Brook Lopez an extension

Id say it is a good decision though, I personally would not offer anything more than 4yrs 25million contract to the likes of Brook Lopez. If we aint getting Dwight and Deron walks away it may be just the time to rebuild from scratch completely, perhaps around Brooks?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #3
gigantes
‪ ‪
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,827
Default Re: Nets may not offer Brook Lopez an extension

hmm, is bruce ratner still an idiot?


this devaluing of lopez in some circles is getting kind of ridiculous. in 2009 - 2010 he was a 19 - 9 center that blocked close to two shots a game, shot 50%, and was a great FT shooter. then he had a serious illness and a serious injury and regressed last season.

but he's still a 22-yr old center who, when healthy, should average 20 and 10.

check one of the following:

[ ] - those guys grow on trees.
[ ] - those guys don't grow on trees.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?
 
MTing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 5,434
Default Re: Nets may not offer Brook Lopez an extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Id say it is a good decision though, I personally would not offer anything more than 4yrs 25million contract to the likes of Brook Lopez. If we aint getting Dwight and Deron walks away it may be just the time to rebuild from scratch completely, perhaps around Brooks?
Why wouldnt we keep Brook if continue to rebuild? The guys still only 22 like Gigs said and can only improve from here. If Deron leaves Brook and MarShon will be the only 2 pieces that are set.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,570
Default Re: Nets may not offer Brook Lopez an extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Why wouldnt we keep Brook if continue to rebuild? The guys still only 22 like Gigs said and can only improve from here. If Deron leaves Brook and MarShon will be the only 2 pieces that are set.

'cause I am afraid this guy will ask for a huge contract that he does not deserve(see Tyson Chandler, Deandre Jordan and Kwame Brown), while like I said I wouldnt offer anything more than 4yrs 25M for the likes of Brook Lopez. If I were the front office, Id bring an extension of 4 yrs 20M to him on my first try. The offer may go up to 4 yrs 22M or 4 yrs 25M, but not more than that.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >
 
Nets fan 93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NewJersey Beast:Plumlee!!
Posts: 9,814
Default Re: Nets may not offer Brook Lopez an extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
'cause I am afraid this guy will ask for a huge contract that he does not deserve(see Tyson Chandler, Deandre Jordan and Kwame Brown), while like I said I wouldnt offer anything more than 4yrs 25M for the likes of Brook Lopez. If I were the front office, Id bring an extension of 4 yrs 20M to him on my first try. The offer may go up to 4 yrs 22M or 4 yrs 25M, but not more than that.
I think you are under rating Lopez a little bit.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:19 AM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,570
Default Re: Nets may not offer Brook Lopez an extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
I think you are under rating Lopez a little bit.

Well to me, his only value is a possible trade asset for Dwight Howard. Nothing more and nothing less.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy