Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this boardballinhun8 is popular on this board
Default Terrible draft

Sorry, I just had to let my frustration out.

I hated this draft for the simple fact that we got 2 guys fall into our laps in Aldridge (who many pegged as the no.1 pick before Colangelo fell in love w/ Bargnani) and Rodney Carney who was a heralded defensive-stopper type player. And then we trade them for a Stromile Swift no.2 and like I said in a previous post ; Yaroslav Korolev no.2 oh, and a guy who probably won't find time off the bench in Khyrapa.

The Bulls better sign someone damn good in the draft cuz I doubt these rooks help us.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far
Default an idea

how about sign darius washington jr, trade duhon (lets face it his value is at a all time high for him, he's not gonna get any better than what he is right now) for next years draft pick, and get pau gasol (he's the best big man, we can get without giving up too much). im being realistic here. cuz there is no way in hell we get garnett, i hate all the rumors GARNETT,garnett........ even though i would love to see it HE WILL NEVER BE A BULL! and no this was not a terrible draft, just a not so good one.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Tyrus Thomas is much better then Stromile Swift. Swift is a selfish meathead who was hyped based on his athleticism. Tyrus Thomas is a smart player who has a lot more all around skill then Swift, he is also much tougher. If you watched the tournament you saw that besides defense and hustle points Thomas was a good passer and a decent shooter. He isn't as big as swift but he is much, much better.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Rodney Carney is Joe Average SG. Can someone please tell me what makes him any different from Jarvis Hayes? Streaky jumper, mediocre handles, lack of strength.

And he is not that good of a defensive player. Ask Adam Morrison who couldn't stop scoring on him when they played.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #5
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Why do people like Carney so much? He's barely 6'5". Even Brandon Roy...didn't Morrison put up 43 on Roy and the Huskies? I thought him and Bobby Jones were such good defenders? Carney can't create his own shot. He would kill with someone like Kidd at the point, just because he would catch a lot of alley oops. He's a poor mans Iguodala at best. Bye Carney and hello Sefolosha! Aldridge is another story. We'll see what happens with him. I like Tyrus and his energy. Him and Tyson will be nice to watch. Thomas will forever be compared to Aldridge though. I think the Bulls did great in the draft even thought I REALLY wanted them to get Brewer. I literally fell to the floor when they reported that the pick Philly made was actually for the Bulls. I thought the Bulls had a shot at Brewer. My wife thought I was nuts for falling like a ton of bricks. I trust Pax and the scouts though...go Bulls!!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
sturf9030
Can barely lace up my sneakers

sturf9030 has an OK reputation so far
Default Thabo over Carney

Carney makes little sense for the Bulls because he is not a ball handler. He is a dunker and jump shooter. The Bulls liked Thabo because he can handle and distribute the ball. They wanted someone who could play the point next to Gordon. The only guys who could play the 2 and the 1 were Roy, Sefolosha, and Brewer. Paxson obviously thought Thabo was better than Brewer, and I also think Paxson didn't see as big a gap between Roy and a player like Thabo as there was between Thomas and other players at the four. The next 4 drafted was Cedric Simmons that's a pretty big gap.

I also think Khryapa will be a good role player for the Bulls. He came out of a highly structured and defensive struture in CSKA Moscow. Playing for a structured team like the Bulls will help him. I think he would be upgrade over Songalia.
sturf9030 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: