Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #136
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Better Career: Julio Jones or AJ Green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
All of this is wrong...most of it doesn't even make sense

Experience?

Russell had a flawless combine?...bullshit

Having a good combine DOES make you a better prospect.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen...
experience in a pro style system...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...-pro-day_N.htm

so are all those combine freaks amazing prospects now
ur judged by what you do on film, not on what you do just throwing to wide open recievers in shorts
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #137
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That isn't the combine but that OS part of the reason he went number one overall.

Because he WAS judged by that as a prospect...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #138
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Name ONE aspect...

I can, HYPE

Bradford is the only QB to ever have a flawless combine...not a single dropped pass...he was literally better than any other QB prospect to ever show there.

Its going to be hilarious when Luck isn't prime Peyton Manning right away and all you retards declare him a bust...while Bradford shines.

Bradford didn't throw at the combine, though I assume you're talking about his standout pro day. Luck and Bradford can both be great QB's, I'm not sure why one has to succeed and the other has to fail here. I like Bradford, the Rams struggles are not his fault, but Luck looks to be on another level. Just watch him play and you won't be disappointed.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #139
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Bradford didn't throw at the combine, though I assume you're talking about his standout pro day. Luck and Bradford can both be great QB's, I'm not sure why one has to succeed and the other has to fail here. I like Bradford, the Rams struggles are not his fault, but Luck looks to be on another level. Just watch him play and you won't be disappointed.
Imo Bradford was more impressive in college...

Bradford broke records
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #140
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Imo Bradford was more impressive in college...

Bradford broke records
so did colt brennan... whats ur point?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #141
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the point is that going to Oklahoma makes you a sure fire hall of famer.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #142
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

bump

julio and aj two of the best wide receivers period in their rookie years. aj has been way more consistent but julio had a HUGE game yesterday. these guys are both absolute studs, but i like AJs consistency/ability to make very tough catches over the middle/etc.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #143
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Oh, absolutely not. In fact, quite the opposite.

Let's not just look at Jones and his potential, but what they gave up to us and the potential of those picks. I know that the Browns are not a glamour team, so their pieces aren't as well known, but let's discuss.

The Browns gave up Julio Jones.

They got, in exchange...

1. Phil Taylor - He is a DT who has looked absolutely dynamite in the newly installed 4-3 defense. He and Rubin could be a force in the middle for years to come in a conference wherein, if you aren't strong up the middle of your defense, you might as well not show up.

2. Greg Little - Shows a lot of promise. He is coming back from a year off of football and you can see some of the rust at times, but you can also see the potential. He has all of the physical tools to be a very good receiver in this league.

3. Owen Marecic - Fullback who I expected more out of, honestly. However, our West Coast Offense is still a work in progress and he was brought in to be that kind of WCO fullback. In time, this might end up being a real asset. Time will tell.

Upcoming picks...

Atlanta's first-rounder in 2012 - Quite honestly... As much as I am excited about Taylor's great start and his potential down the line, this may be the best part of that trade. The 2012 draft is going to be absolutely loaded. It is being hailed as the best in a long, long time.

We are the only team in the league with two first round picks. On top of that, I think everyone expected this to be a late-round pick and it still may be, but the Falcons are 2-3 right now and they have a very difficult schedule for the remainder of the season.

This could end up being a Top 15 pick and, if it is, celebrations will ensue in Cleveland.

Atlanta's fourth-rounder in 2012 - We all know that impact players can be found anywhere in the draft and GMs tend to hold on to picks in the first four rounds as if their lives depended on it. Well, now we have two fourth-rounders, as well. These could be used to sure-up a roster that is in construction or packaged to move up and attain an additional third-rounder or even a second-rounder, if Holmgren and Heckert are sure on a prospect.

Honestly, I don't care how good Julio ends up... This was a great deal. We aren't in the position of our rebuild to expect one guy to fix things. We had too many holes to fill and the Falcons -- believing that they were one piece away -- may have been just what the doctor ordered.

On top of all that, if we end up with Justin Blackmon next year, which is what I'm hoping with one of our first two picks, I feel that we have the better receiver of the two, anyway.

Blackmon looks like Greg Jennings 2.0 to me. This class is deep and filled with talent, across the board.
Heartbreak hotel
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #144
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Heartbreak hotel
It still was the correct move. They just f#cked up the picks.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #145
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

AJ Green ohamilate?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #146
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

neck and neck
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:31 AM   #147
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
neck and neck

pretty much is but i still like aj green. they both have their different strengths and most teams would kill to get one of them. both are on the cusp of elite, it not already there. of course, a lot of green's success depends on dalton being as good as he was last season. i don't think anybody is going to argue that dalton is in the same league as ryan. there were quite a few times last season where dalton underthrew green

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-27-2012 at 03:59 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:57 AM   #148
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

I firmly believe that after this season Julio and Calvin will be 1)A and 1)B
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #149
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

I'd take Green 10 times out of 10.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #150
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
I firmly believe that after this season Julio and Calvin will be 1)A and 1)B
naw

I could see Julio being top 5 in yardage (perhaps even #1) but he is just not the physical specimen that Calvin is.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: