Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Marion for Chandler and #2- yes or no?

What's up Phoenix fans!!! I'm a Bulls fan in the Chicago area and I read on here that NBA officials have reported a possible Marion for Chandler and our #2 draft pick. What do Suns fans think about this trade?
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
LUCAS
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LUCAS has an OK reputation so far

Hells no. Marion is in his prime. Chandler is soft. Rookies take time. The Suns still have pick #21 and will get a quality player that can contribute to the Suns championship next year.
LUCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:46 PM   #3
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Thumbs down its hard to say im gonna say no though......

kuz like by the time the rookie is ready to play nash is done. and if u hadnt noticed nash=success

So sry no its not gonna work....and i cant believe u guys let Thomas go...i mean if thomas busted a few threes each game maybe chicago wouldve beaten miami, that wouldve resulted in a Detroit ring again though.
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:26 AM   #4
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

I really dont know about this trade. Too many ifs. Can Chandler play like he is worth 50 million dollars? Can the #2 pick along with whoever splits Marion's minutes at the 3 and 4 be as effective as having Marion? I dont know. I would do it if Chandler could work on his offensive game. But, maybe the Suns draft Bargani(sp?) at start HIM at center? But what PHX needs is rebounding and defense inside....and Bargani cant really do wither. Maybe the best bet would be Tyrus Thomas: He can play the 3,4 and in PHX he would probably play the 5 sometimes. He would defensively do what Marion has done as far as defending players like Dirk and 4s. But, he lacks Marion's range. However, if PHX is sold on resigning Thomas, then possibly losing Marion does not become so painful. But, I love his hustle, his heart, his passion for the game. I would hate to see him leave. If Deng was in the deal, yea....maybe I'd be more for it. But right now. I am really just in the middle. Wish we could just trade Kurt Thomas and James Jones for a center that can basically do what Chandler does, posting up 7 AND 7 with block ability, for HALF the money. I dont know. Im confused
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:28 AM   #5
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Man, I think Phoenix would kill if this trade went through. Chandler would play center and he can run better than maybe any center in the league. Nash would only make him better. He doesn't really post up so he wouldn't get in Amare's way. Amare and Tyson would own the boards against any team! Diaw could start at the 3 spot, Amare at 4 and Tyson in the middle. DAMN!!! That is sick! I hope it doesn't happen. I would rather the Bulls keep the pick and select best available..Aldridge or Morrisson maybe. We'll see!!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2587

i posted there... read...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #7
DCinFL

DCinFL has an OK reputation so far

The more I think about it, the more I think it would be good for the Suns. They lose Marion at 3, but could draft Morrison. Morrison will be cheaper and he would fit right in w/ the Suns' system and attitude/chemistry. Suns would still have a first round pick where they can get that back up PG, or still package that pick w/ a player (JJ/House?) to move up and try for Sene.
DCinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #8
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation

Are you kidding me? No way. The suns are close to winning a ring, don't blow it.
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #9
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

I love Marion but its a good deal.

Frees up the money to keep Diaw, Barbosa, possibly Thomas and avoid luxury tax.

Chandler wont need to provide too much offense...I beleive he and Amare dont like each other much though... Hes still getting better as well and Nash will help him.

The Suns can take Aldridge at 2 if the Raps want Bargnani, if Aldridge is gone Morrison would be great as well.

If the Suns should throw in a pick and try and get Duhon who would be a great backup for Nash.

C-Chandler/K. Thomas
Pf- Amare/T.Thomas
sf- Diaw/ Morrison
Sg-Bell/Barbosa
Pg-Nash/Duhon

I like it.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:44 PM   #10
jc123

jc123 has an OK reputation so far

dont make me laugh

marion = chandler

jc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:59 AM   #11
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Chandler is off to Hornets so this debate has come to the very bitter end...
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: