Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #331
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Wait, the talk was all about how good they are compared to how a team that loses a superstar usually is.
Of course you can't compare them with the team their superstar went to, straight up. That's unfair, lol.

You should compare them to the Cavs post-Lebron, to the Wolves post-Garnett etc.
They look very, very good (and promising) for being a team that has lost his superstar.
Cavs got nothing for LeBron. Nuggets got half of our starting lineup for Melo
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #332
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Cavs got nothing for LeBron. Nuggets got half of our starting lineup for Melo
Exactly. We could have had Melo for nothing too.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #333
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Exactly. We could have had Melo for nothing too.
I'm not so sure about that.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #334
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I'm not so sure about that.

We can't know for sure.

The point is, Denver is very well off for being a team that was risking to lose his superstar for nothing.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #335
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
We can't know for sure.

The point is, Denver is very well off for being a team that was risking to lose his superstar for nothing.

Dwight Howard is the only dummy that will LOSE money to stay on a mediocre team. Melo wanted to be a Knick, but he also wants to be paid. If we lose him to say the Nets, we not only set our franchise back but we add ammo to someone within our division. If he goes there and Deron Williams decides "hey let me go there too." We would be assed out.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #336
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Dwight Howard is the only dummy that will LOSE money to stay on a mediocre team. Melo wanted to be a Knick, but he also wants to be paid. If we lose him to say the Nets, we not only set our franchise back but we add ammo to someone within our division. If he goes there and Deron Williams decides "hey let me go there too." We would be assed out.

I perfectly agree.
I was just looking at the thing from the Nuggets' perspective.
They are maybe the only team that managed to stay in the playoffs after losing their superstar + they are young and with a very good salary cap situation.
They are better off than we are. Both will be 1st round exits, but we don't have as much room for improvement as they do.
And this, for a Knicks fan, sucks.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #337
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
We can't know for sure.

If it happened in any other year, you are probably correct. The lockout brought much uncertainty to everyone though. Carmelo had to get himself locked into a contract under the old agreement, and the Knicks were forced to give up pieces to get him. Had the situation happened the year before or this year, then yes, we would have gotten him for nothing.

Nuggets are worse off than us though. I doubt they even make the playoffs by next year.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #338
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I perfectly agree.
I was just looking at the thing from the Nuggets' perspective.
They are maybe the only team that managed to stay in the playoffs after losing their superstar + they are young and with a very good salary cap situation.
They are better off than we are. Both will be 1st round exits, but we don't have as much room for improvement as they do.
And this, for a Knicks fan, sucks.

But that didnt have anything to do with signing Melo. People forget how much money we gave to Tyson Chandler. We still could have filled holes in our roster with Amare and Melo's contract. We used every ounce of our cap space to get Chandler. And I don't agree that Denver is better off. They had to ship NeNe out because they knew they made a poor decision in signing him. JaVale McGee only has like a year left on his contract. Part of the reason Washington traded him is because his agent was going around saying "it's going to take 12 mill to sign JaVale." I don't know any big name free agents banging down the door to play in Denver. Therefore, they'll continously get guys like Chandler but when it comes to the elite players, they won't have any unless they luck up in the draft. But when your in the playoffs every year, those chances are slim.

Quote:
If it happened in any other year, you are probably correct. The lockout brought much uncertainty to everyone though. Carmelo had to get himself locked into a contract under the old agreement, and the Knicks were forced to give up pieces to get him. Had the situation happened the year before or this year, then yes, we would have gotten him for nothing

This is the point that a lot of Knicks fans either don't know or conveniently forget. Nobody had any clue what the cap would be. NBA's lockout was far more uncertain than the NFL's. They were worried about drastic changes. We went out and secured a guy who can compete with anyone in the league
Old 05-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #339
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
But that didnt have anything to do with signing Melo. People forget how much money we gave to Tyson Chandler. We still could have filled holes in our roster with Amare and Melo's contract. We used every ounce of our cap space to get Chandler. And I don't agree that Denver is better off. They had to ship NeNe out because they knew they made a poor decision in signing him. JaVale McGee only has like a year left on his contract. Part of the reason Washington traded him is because his agent was going around saying "it's going to take 12 mill to sign JaVale." I don't know any big name free agents banging down the door to play in Denver. Therefore, they'll continously get guys like Chandler but when it comes to the elite players, they won't have any unless they luck up in the draft. But when your in the playoffs every year, those chances are slim.

I know, I'm not saying we shouldn't have traded for Melo.
I was just replying to your DEN-NYK comparison which was not spot on, imo.

I know Denver isn't the most attractive destination for superstars, but let's not act like the sheer name of a city itself is that relevant (otherwise your previous point about Melo not coming to NY for free would be nulled ).

Their whole roster's payroll in 2013 will be 10 million cheaper than our Big 3's, lol. They have plenty of room to try and get the superstar they are now lacking (and it really looks like they don't need anything else).

By the way we are going off topic.
I'll make a thread on the Knicks future now, so feel free to continue there.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #340
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

How'd I miss this?

Old 05-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #341
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

He does sex jelly ads? Are those only shown in New York?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #342
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
He does sex jelly ads? Are those only shown in New York?
This apparently was an SNL skit.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #343
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Oh. I don't watch that show anymore.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #344
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Melo had a very off night but I liked his hustle. I actually liked every player's effort tonight. We were gassed, but we kept fighting. end of the day, the talent gap was to big
Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #345
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Melo had a very off night but I liked his hustle. I actually liked every player's effort tonight. We were gassed, but we kept fighting. end of the day, the talent gap was to big

F*ck that, we pay Melo to perform on the big stage and he has utterly failed this series. The only way he could have been worse was to punch a fire extinguisher and cut his hand.
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: