Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Butler = Broke man's Brewer, Radmanovic = Broke man's Korver...

And with the Bulls looking at broke man's Asik (Darko) they might as well bring in Carlton off of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air so they can have a Lucas III replacement.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Butler = Broke man's Brewer, Radmanovic = Broke man's Korver...

Butler is already a better player than Brewer ever was, and STILL getting better.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu

Butler is already a better player than Brewer ever was, and STILL getting better.

Butler had his ass planted on the bench last season for a reason. I'll have to watch Butler consistently play well in games not featuring NBDL scrubs until I can say that he is 'better' than Brewer.

Right now the "Bench Mob" (as overrated as they were) has been replaced by inferior players. Gibson is the only guy left.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Butler has a better shot than Brewer, and Brewer is losing his legs early in his career.

But Butler isn't supposed to be a Ronnie Brewer clone, apples and oranges. Any fan that continues to make this comparison, is straight up stupid.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Butler has a better shot than Brewer, and Brewer is losing his legs early in his career.

But Butler isn't supposed to be a Ronnie Brewer clone, apples and oranges. Any fan that continues to make this comparison, is straight up stupid.

I have my own opinion, and my opinion is that the Butler is Brewer's replacement. Same position, similar size physically, same below-average perimeter shooting.

But hey, he's cheap and he tries hard. Being scrappy and a good soldier is all the Bulls truly care about anyways.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Waaah waaah waaah....

You can't just wave a magic wand, and get big players to come here. You take your 30th overall pick, and make the most of it. And for a 30th pick, Butler > Brewer. For the money, Butler > Brewer. At this point in each of their respective careers, Butler > Brewer.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's not like we were winning this year anyways.

Create as much room as possible, look for good pieces elsewhere see what you can develop. I like it.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'll miss the Bench Mob, but much like people complain about most of our started being overpaid the bench was being overpaid as well.

I really don't see the bench this year being that much worse than last year's.
The only part that they significantly lack is in the experience department, but skill wise and contribution wise at this point I think we'll only miss Korver's shooting. Finding a shooter I'm sure is at the top of the priority list to fill out the roster though so that will probably be met.

When Rose comes back we'll have Hinrich and Teague at Point Guard as well. The combination of the two is better than Watson.

Butler is better than Brewer and he'll prove it.

Korver we'll be missed at our current state, but we will most likely bring in a shooter so it won't be that huge of a loss.

Taj was and is our best bench player. He isn't going anywhere.

Asik will be missed if we don't match, but I think fans will and should understand if the Bulls don't match that ridiculous offer sheet.

Asik has nice defensive potential but he really didn't contribute much.

We can find a backup center that will come much cheaper and probably produce just as well.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: