Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert
 
kobesabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surf Cities
Posts: 3,257
Default Shaq to Dwight "[Dwight has] Big Shoes to Fill [before he can call himself big]"

Quote:
Shaq: "I have three sons and I always tell them that if you want to call yourself big, then you have big shoes to fill," O'Neal said. "Anybody who calls himself big has big shoes to fill. Right now, he's off pace. He has to get himself on pace if he wants to call himself big."

Shaq is kinda right...but the timing of this is a questionable one.

Is it just to infuriate Dwight (and subsequently not helping Lakers by discouraging Dwight not to resign with Lakers next season so he does not have to live in this Shaq's shadow crap? Maybe this is why Dwight rather prefer Nets or Dallas so he does not have to deal with this crap since Shaq was part of Lakers history.

Or really helping Lakers in some way with his words with good intention by posing challenges for Dwight to meet.

Or just personal drama feud between the 2 Supermans?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...2260--nba.html
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: Shaq to Dwight "[Dwight has] Big Shoes to Fill [before he can call himself big]"

Nothing off-base here honestly. Its the same story with any team like the celtics of 08' and the Heat of last year. They assembled a great team, and they had to go out there and actually play basketball to prove they were the best. They did that. Same thing here. We assembled a great team. On 2k12, the roster is unbeatable. The real life game however, is different from the video game. Everyone has to be in shape, play hard, and adapt to their role. If Dwight can do that, and help bring championships, Dwight can then call himself big.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: Shaq to Dwight "[Dwight has] Big Shoes to Fill [before he can call himself big]"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Shaq is kinda right...but the timing of this is a questionable one.

Is it just to infuriate Dwight (and subsequently not helping Lakers by discouraging Dwight not to resign with Lakers next season so he does not have to live in this Shaq's shadow crap? Maybe this is why Dwight rather prefer Nets or Dallas so he does not have to deal with this crap since Shaq was part of Lakers history.

Or really helping Lakers in some way with his words with good intention by posing challenges for Dwight to meet.

Or just personal drama feud between the 2 Supermans?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...2260--nba.html


Shaq needs to zip his lips, his number hasn't been retired yet, we can still pull the plug on it
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: Shaq to Dwight "[Dwight has] Big Shoes to Fill [before he can call himself big]"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Shaq needs to zip his lips, his number hasn't been retired yet, we can still pull the plug on it

I don't think it was a laker thing. Its obvious he just isn't a big fan of Dwight because of all this superman stuff, which was shaq's initially anyways. Shaq is a competitor. He trash talks with all of them. Normal stuff i suppose...
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: Shaq to Dwight "[Dwight has] Big Shoes to Fill [before he can call himself big]"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I don't think it was a laker thing. Its obvious he just isn't a big fan of Dwight because of all this superman stuff, which was shaq's initially anyways. Shaq is a competitor. He trash talks with all of them. Normal stuff i suppose...

Why is it a Lakers thing?

Because Dwight plays for the Lakers.

Because while Dwight is playing for the Lakers, Shaq will get his # retired which will put them in the same place at the same time.....I am positive Shaq will visit the locker room at least that day.

Anything involved with the Lakers that upsets Dwight hurts our chances to re-sign him.

What else is Shaq going to say to upset him....there is a big danger here.

This is the same buffoon who asked Kobe how his @ss tastes and that Kobe couldn't win without him.....childish, immature, pompous and rude to say the least.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH
 
crisoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Californications
Posts: 12,473
Default Re: Shaq to Dwight "[Dwight has] Big Shoes to Fill [before he can call himself big]"

I think Shaq is hating right now.

Howard is a REAL threat to his legacy in LA.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
NoGunzJustSkillz
2015
 
NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,415
Default Re: Shaq to Dwight "[Dwight has] Big Shoes to Fill [before he can call himself big]"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
I think Shaq is hating right now.

Howard is a REAL threat to his legacy in LA.
I agree that Shaq is hating. He probably does feel his legacy being threatened, but in my eyes, that'll never happen.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: Shaq to Dwight "[Dwight has] Big Shoes to Fill [before he can call himself big]"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Why is it a Lakers thing?

Because Dwight plays for the Lakers.

Because while Dwight is playing for the Lakers, Shaq will get his # retired which will put them in the same place at the same time.....I am positive Shaq will visit the locker room at least that day.

Anything involved with the Lakers that upsets Dwight hurts our chances to re-sign him.

What else is Shaq going to say to upset him....there is a big danger here.

This is the same buffoon who asked Kobe how his @ss tastes and that Kobe couldn't win without him.....childish, immature, pompous and rude to say the least.

I don't think anything Shaq says would hurt the chances. It might actually present more of a challenge for Dwight. Think about it, Shaquille left on very bad terms with the lakers. We would never resign him for anything. Not even a minimum.

This can make Dwight want to be "the better center" in LA and to be loved more by the fans. To bring up your point about "tell me how my @ss tastes", Kobe after that won an olympic gold that very summer, two back to back championships, while shaq was stripped of his badge and couldn't be a sheriff anymore lol.

Any star that has played with Shaq can testify that when he's bad, he's pretty bad. Kobe went through this, D-Wade, Lebron, Nash. I guarantee you his reputation has been well documented.

Chris Bosh and Shaq also aren't so fond of each other either.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: Shaq to Dwight "[Dwight has] Big Shoes to Fill [before he can call himself big]"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I don't think anything Shaq says would hurt the chances. It might actually present more of a challenge for Dwight. Think about it, Shaquille left on very bad terms with the lakers. We would never resign him for anything. Not even a minimum.

This can make Dwight want to be "the better center" in LA and to be loved more by the fans. To bring up your point about "tell me how my @ss tastes", Kobe after that won an olympic gold that very summer, two back to back championships, while shaq was stripped of his badge and couldn't be a sheriff anymore lol.

Any star that has played with Shaq can testify that when he's bad, he's pretty bad. Kobe went through this, D-Wade, Lebron, Nash. I guarantee you his reputation has been well documented.

Chris Bosh and Shaq also aren't so fond of each other either.

I hear you 100% but Dwight is NOT that guy who wants to take on a challenge, that is WHY he didn't want to come to the Lakers.
Think about it, in order to surpass Shaq with the Lakers he has to win 4 rings...any less than 3 and he'll be considered a failure by some and Shaq will be front and center to tell him that.
If Dwight was anxious to take on that pressure he would've never taken the Lakers off his list...right?

To my earlier point, Kobe may not have the years left in him to get 4 more rings.....I said MAY NOT, I'm way to smart to doubt the Mamba
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy