Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #46
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Futurama vs South Park vs Family Guy vs Simpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
He's not saying everything that happened in the past should be referenced, he's saying that they're making references to things that happened after Fry went to the future so it makes no sense to reference it, because he wouldn't know what they were talking about.

Pop culture references in Futurama have always been kind of stupid if we're being honest though. Why are people from 1000 years from now still talking about the same shit? Calculon and Zapp Brannigan are like the only two celebrities in the year 3000.

To get to the point of the thread. I'd go with Simpsons as the best followed by Futurama, then South Park. Last and certainly least is Family Guy.

Thaaaaaaaaank you!
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #47
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Keep dreaming. Your response makes me think you're 12. Too many people here trying to act smart and confrontational who just end up looking stupid.

Yeah, the show with all the accolades and the show being ranked #1 by various sources (including Time magazine naming it the greatest show of the century) is somehow light years behind South Park. Get off your high horse and realize that people have differing opinions and that yours isn't shared by the majority. Now, not to just shit on the show, I'll give it its props for pushing the envelope, and going against censorship, religion, politics, etc... Though, I guess it's pointless trying to argue against people who thought the whole "I'm not your friend, buddy" thing was humorous when it was just annoying.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #48
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

At their peaks, South Park and the Simpsons are really close imo.

King of the Hill is very well done. Great character development, solid, smart.

Futurama does nothing for me. In fairness, I tried it early, got turned off quickly and never gave it much of another chance.

I'd sooner chew glass than watch five minutes of Family Guy. Insipid.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #49
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wasn't a big of Futurama the first time around, but it grew on me the more I watched it. I think it's more of an acquired taste.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #50
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Simpsons have been pretty since about 2002. Some of the seasons in the mid-90s though take a giant shit on anything by the rest of these shows. Anyway, the last 8 or so seasons have hurt the Simpsons' legacy quite a bit IMO.

Anyhoo

Simpsons
Futurama
South Park
Family Guy

That one South Park episode about censorship basically ruined Family Guy for me...
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #51
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

YES futurama is coming back in the summer OHMYGAWD i love life.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #52
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10

That one South Park episode about censorship basically ruined Family Guy for me...

You needed South Park to tell you that Family Guy sucked? Everyone over the age of 15 knew that already.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:45 AM   #53
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love these shows. Simpsons Season 23 had some good episodes.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #54
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Simpsons ahead of the pack by a good margin for me.
Family Guy next, followed by Futurama, which I don't watch but have seen enough to put it ahead of South Park, which I don't enjoy.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:53 AM   #55
entropy35
High School Starter

entropy35 is considered somewhat coolentropy35 is considered somewhat cool

Futurama and Simpsons.
entropy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #56
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Simpsons easily the best.

Followed by South Park, than Family Guy than King of the Hill. Never cared for Futurama.

The Boondocks might make this list in a few years.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: