Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: There is something wrong with ISH considers Wilt the 7th greatest player of all-time

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=275265

If you're talking about this thread, he was placed 6th not 7th.

Also consider who was ranked above Wilt (Larry, Russell, MJ, Magic, and Kareem). All those guys have cases for GOAT.

Nothing outlandish about the list at all...

Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy : 08-22-2012 at 12:09 PM.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #17
Hands of Iron
[ Sickplicity 33 ]

Hands of Iron has a terrific reputationHands of Iron has a terrific reputationHands of Iron has a terrific reputationHands of Iron has a terrific reputationHands of Iron has a terrific reputation
Default Re: There is something wrong with ISH considers Wilt the 7th greatest player of all-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando
What went wrong was this:

Magic Johnson coming in at 4th behind Russell. That automatically triggered Bird to be 5th because you just can't seperate Bird and Magic.

By the same logic of non-seperation, Wilt should have come in right behind Russell. You really can't seperate the two, just like Bird and Magic.

When you have career rivals like Russell/Wilt and Bird/Magic they end up pushing each other to a higher level meaning, part of the greatness of Russell was how he responded to Wilt who was just a good or better as a player. However, someone always comes out ahead as is the case with Russell and Magic.

Wilt should be 4th
Magic 5th
Bird 6th

Exactly.
Hands of Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
But you replied.

So you agreed your post was weak.

Even weaker comeback
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
magictricked
Great young streetballer

magictricked has a near all-star reputation heremagictricked has a near all-star reputation heremagictricked has a near all-star reputation heremagictricked has a near all-star reputation heremagictricked has a near all-star reputation heremagictricked has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
Did you even see him play one game or were you just persuaded by the media telling us of Wilt's "greatness"
I love this argument. Don't play that horses**t card

"Player X can't be as good as advertised because you didn't see him play."

Did it ever occur that maybe he was even better than advertised?

How can someone who didn't see him play say the reports from those who did are wrong? We do have stats that back up the stories of those reports, those refuting it have ... nothing.
You don't have to see Wilt's 100 point game to know he actually did score 100 points.

Basically if you didn't see him play, Don't use the "Did you even see him play one game or were you just persuaded by the media telling us of Wilt's "greatness" card.

like I said it's horses**t

Wilt's a top 5 all time, where he lands within that slot is arguable.
magictricked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #20
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictricked

How can someone who didn't see him play say the reports from those who did are wrong? We do have stats that back up the stories of those reports, those refuting it have ... nothing.
You don't have to see Wilt's 100 point game to know he actually did score 100 points.

Basically if you didn't see him play, Don't use the "Did you even see him play one game or were you just persuaded by the media telling us of Wilt's "greatness" card.

Precisely.
How was anyone even qualified to put Bill Russell 3rd on that same premise? He was arguably worse than advertised. Bill Russell did not shatter any individual records. What he's achieved he's done through his team.
Furthermore most posters here aren't even qualified to assess Michael Jordan for that matter yet rank him number one. You'd have to be in your late 20's to 30's to have "witnessed" Jordan play, let alone Magic, Kareem and Bird. On the most part these lists are primarily related to statistics.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #21
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

The funny part about this thread is that the OP and half the posters in this thread lack reading comprehension.

They see a thread title with "#7 Greatest Player of all time...." see a picture of Wilt, and go off on a tirade.

Maybe if you read you'd see that Wilt was actually voted #6 of all time, not 7?

Some of you all need to spend less time on message boards, and more time building your reading skills.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #22
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictricked

this but you should be quoting KOBE143 the retard who thinks he knows everything about basketball AT AGE 14
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #23
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

If I'm not mistaken, Wilt was voted 6th.

He's the greatest player I ever saw, and Jordan is the only competition. But I also realize I'm one of about 3% on the board who watched the NBA prior to 1990 (with 60% starting after 2000).

It's all opinions, most of them by people who know nothing about what they're responding to, so I can live with it.

I'm much more distressed that people think Shaq deserves to be ranked as high as 7th.

Last edited by JMT : 08-22-2012 at 02:21 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #24
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
I've been on this message board since the beginning and ezboard ISH for 5 years and throughout that whole timeframe I have never experienced Wilt be considered less than a top 3 player all-time. Some of the greatest and wisest posters of all-time have considered Wilt even as high as #1.

It goes to show how 1 poster (jlauber) can affect the POV of a whole community.

Dude, number 7 is still too high for him after all those meaningless stats that his boyfriend posted here. I had him higher in the past, but after those walls of stupid text? No way.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #25
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
Dude, number 7 is still too high for him after all those meaningless stats that his boyfriend posted here. I had him higher in the past, but after those walls of stupid text? No way.

Interesting. So, if Wilt posted "meaningless stats", on what did you base your higher ranking of Wilt in the past and how did the walls of text affect you negatively?
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #26
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

ISH and that list is shitty

Last edited by Dictator : 08-22-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #27
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

6th or 7th, no way should he be out of the top 5.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #28
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What is wrong....

AGE group and era's bro.

None of us have seen Wilt play in his prime etc. except for old tapes.
That's why it's hard to judge...I'm in my 30's still post on this board the average poster here probably has not even seen Jordan play in his prime really as well.

That's why I stick to 80's and above...hard to back up a player you never seen really play and all you have is stats.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #29
LeBird
Good High School Starter

LeBird has an OK reputation so far

I find it ironic that the OP is upset that people tend to vote for people like Jordan based on media/hype which is, simply, other people's opinions; and then is upset that Wilt is 6th, because, well...other people usually don't vote him that low. That's, basically, the same thing.

Honestly, what makes it right that Jordan is first? Bird 5th or x 7th? The players are that close that you can justifiable change the order and have proper reasons to do so. It's why I don't put much stock in these things.
LeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #30
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBird
I find it ironic that the OP is upset that people tend to vote for people like Jordan based on media/hype which is, simply, other people's opinions; and then is upset that Wilt is 6th, because, well...other people usually don't vote him that low. That's, basically, the same thing.

Honestly, what makes it right that Jordan is first? Bird 5th or x 7th? The players are that close that you can justifiable change the order and have proper reasons to do so. It's why I don't put much stock in these things.

THIS

And come on people are biased on these boards as well.
Some people have agendas vs. certain players and their are certain fan bases that out weigh the others. I'm biased I'll be the first to admit all my picks have been Lakers for the most part.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: