Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #16
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Go-to 1v1 move?

dribble with some fakes, if he doesnt give room just pull up

if he closes in, protect the ball and dribble either direction, cross over between the legs and proceed with a runner or pull up
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My signature move is probably coming from the left elbow across the key to the right low block and then doing a finger roll to my left (while still drifting right) under the defenders armpit. Generally if they try to block the shot, they will just bring their tricep down on my bicep and foul me. If they really want to block the shot, they have to rotate to their left to reach their arm back, in which case they give me tons of room for a hook shot.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
Dwyane Rose
Best of Both Worlds

Dwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected posterDwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected posterDwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected posterDwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected poster

Kobe midrange fadeaway jumper.
Dwyane Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #19
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwyane Rose
Kobe midrange fadeaway jumper.
O:
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #20
Status Quo
Toronto Baller !

Status Quo has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
My signature move is probably coming from the left elbow across the key to the right low block and then doing a finger roll to my left (while still drifting right) under the defenders armpit. Generally if they try to block the shot, they will just bring their tricep down on my bicep and foul me. If they really want to block the shot, they have to rotate to their left to reach their arm back, in which case they give me tons of room for a hook shot.

vid?
Status Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #21
Derrick
The Dragon

Derrick is a pretty well-respected posterDerrick is a pretty well-respected posterDerrick is a pretty well-respected poster

If its in the open court, I just euro step, works most the time until the person catches on.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #22
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

1. Stepback crossover
2. Head fake
3. Look left
4. Look right
5. Cross from right to left
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #23
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

1v1 as in true 1v1 or 5v5 in a 1v1 situation? Even in my old age, nobody can stop me from getting to the rim. If somehow they were able to, I'd just turn my back and post them up.

If I don't get a lay up in a 1v1 situation, I'm just clowning.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #24
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A simple jab step fake.

Seriously, as a defender you have to cover that step. If not I'm by you on that side. So if I fake one direction and cross to the other that window will be enough to allow me by my defender or I can pull up with open space.

I always keep it simple because I as the ball handler have the advantage: I know what I'm doing and when I'm doing it.

I'm also a huge fan of the spin. I'll dribble on the outside of my body to try to get you to drift and then spin back inside of you.

Simple.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #25
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Crossover and Layup
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #26
stevieming
Serious playground baller

stevieming has an OK reputation so far

I am right handed but my go to move is jab step with right foot and explode to my left, and then finish with either hand. If at baseline, then finish with right, if at middle of the key or going from very right to left then finish with left.

I score at will with this move at 3 on 3 especially if no one comes to help.

If I get cut off then it's a spin back to the right for fade away jumper. (not so successful with this move)

The best thing about my go to move, is that once I score, it then sets the defender up for all my other moves, like jab and shoot, jab and go right, simply because I go past them so easily the first time.

I do think that as I get older this move won't work any more, but I am 33 and still blowing by teenagers and early twenty years with this move though

For some reason, my jab and go right just doesn't work at all!!
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Crossover and Layup
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: