Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default Looking ahead to the 2013 draft. Jarvis Jones, Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo.

The three premier pass rushers in next years draft. Who do you like the best and feel will be the best professional player?

Barkevious Mingo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQBlTSymHsw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOd9cMeBB2A

Jarvis Jones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weoTTVD3yBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7sDF05dtg8

Sam Montgomery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKJKqSlNhpE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll4v7EmByHA
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Looking ahead to the 2013 draft. Jarvis Jones, Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo.

Barkevious Mingo has got to be the weirdest name ever.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Looking ahead to the 2013 draft. Jarvis Jones, Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo.

To answer OP, I like Jarvis Jones followed by Mingo and Montgomery.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I feel the same way, although it's very hard for me to say who the better prospect if between Mingo & Mont.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Mingo - 3 games played, zero sacks, 4 tackles.

Montgomery - 3 games played, two sacks, 5 tackles

Jarvis Jones - 3 games played, 4.5 sacks, 17 tackles, INT
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm really hoping the Browns target Jones. He is exactly what that defense needs. Our defensive front is actually very solid when completely healthy, with Phil Taylor, Rubin, Sheard and now the excellent start by Billy Winn... Plus John Hughes, Juqua Parker, Kitchen and Emmanuel Stephens who has shown a lot so far this year.

That is an excellent rotation for years to come. I feel like our line is pretty much set, not that maybe we couldn't use another dynamic pass rushing DE to put opposite of Sheard, but that is way down the list of needs

Linebacker is a different story. With Gocong's injury in the preseason, we have maybe the most underrated player in the entire league in D'Qwell Jackson surrounded by mostly spare parts. Scott Fujita doesn't have a ton left in the tank. Craig Robertson has looked like a potential solid starter in the last couple of games, but we have to see if he can keep it up. James Michael Johnson is another young question mark and the same with LJ Fort.

I have zero confidence in Maiava.

I feel like if we could add that dynamic OLB along with another top tier corner prospect, this defense goes from being pretty good to very good. It is only a couple of pieces away (assuming everyone can get/stay healthy).

Out of all the top prospects coming out in this draft, Jones seems like the best fit and we should be in a position where we can get him.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Today's game was not a good one for Jarvis, at all.

He got his ass handed to him in pass rushing. The tackles just engulfed him.

Run defense was fine, but you don't draft rush linebackers in the top 5-10 because they can set the edge.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

At this point if the Browns went defense with their first pick, I think Xavier Rhodes would be as good a pick as anyone.

I think the Browns D-Line is very good. Depth, great up the middle, good solid outside pass rush with Sheard....very good, young foundation.

Linebackers are a concern, but they can address that in later rounds and get high quality players.

I know Xavier Rhodes isn't high on a lot of mocks, but he fits not only a physical brand of football but he fills an obvious void. I like Skrine, but he's a good nickle/dime corner, not making a living on the outside.

Take a serious look at Rhodes, RBA. I think he's you're guy.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
At this point if the Browns went defense with their first pick, I think Xavier Rhodes would be as good a pick as anyone.

I think the Browns D-Line is very good. Depth, great up the middle, good solid outside pass rush with Sheard....very good, young foundation.

Linebackers are a concern, but they can address that in later rounds and get high quality players.

I know Xavier Rhodes isn't high on a lot of mocks, but he fits not only a physical brand of football but he fills an obvious void. I like Skrine, but he's a good nickle/dime corner, not making a living on the outside.

Take a serious look at Rhodes, RBA. I think he's you're guy.

Didn't watch the Georgia game today so I can't really comment on how Jones looked. I have watched him in the past though and he has pretty consistently impressed me.

Don't know a ton about Rhodes, but I will take a gander.

I do think that CB2 spot does need to be addressed across from Haden, not necessarily for right this moment, but a few years down the line. I feel like Dimitri Patterson is actually a pretty good CB2 right now, but he is also 29. With Haden's suspension, he has been forced to be our CB1 and he isn't quite good enough to thrive in that role, but as our No. 2 guy, he is a good player for right now... As evidenced by his good work against the Eagles in the only game that Haden played this season.

Skrine seems like a keeper, but more as a nickel/depth guy than a legit CB2.

Sheldon Brown is pretty obviously on his last leg. He is holding onto an NFL roster spot just based on his aggressive style and veteran gamesmanship, but his physical tools have eroded significantly in the last year or so.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking a corner with the first pick. Hell, I desperately wanted Patrick Peterson a couple years ago to put across from Haden and immediately give us the best young secondary foundation in the league with Haden/Peterson/Ward/Young, but we picked 6th and he went 5th.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #10
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Check out two of my friends from high school.

Markus Wheaton SR WR Oregon State.. Huge game last night against Arizona 10 catches 166 yards 2 touchdowns. ESPN compared his ability to catch while being interfered with, to Justin Blackmon

Zach Bauman JR RB Northern Arizona.. He has a huge game every week. He does play at the D1AA level but he's an animal. And he is a candidate for the Walter Payton award (D1AA heisman). Built like Ray rice.
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #11
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
Check out two of my friends from high school.

Markus Wheaton SR WR Oregon State.. Huge game last night against Arizona 10 catches 166 yards 2 touchdowns. ESPN compared his ability to catch while being interfered with, to Justin Blackmon

Zach Bauman JR RB Northern Arizona.. He has a huge game every week. He does play at the D1AA level but he's an animal. And he is a candidate for the Walter Payton award (D1AA heisman). Built like Ray rice.
I live close to NAU and have seen Bauman, he's very, very good. He might be the best RB in the FCS.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
I live close to NAU and have seen Bauman, he's very, very good. He might be the best RB in the FCS.
Shakir Bell sucka! Dude's tiny though, that's why he's at Indiana State.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #13
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Yup he's one of my close boys, he's a really good dude too. He has a bright future.
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Out of those 3, I like Mingo the best.

Carbine, if you have time you should check out UConn @ Rutgers 12 EST on ESPNU this Saturday. The 2 best LBs in the Big East are playing, Smallwood (UConn) and Greene (Rutgers). I'd like to see what you think of them, especially Smallwood.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: