Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 10-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #16
JellyBean
College superstar

Default Re: Harrison twins commit to John Calipari and Kentucky

Oh my word!!! Or you serious? I swear Calipari is like the dude who wins the Mega Millions for, oh say $50 million one day. Then two days later wins the Powerball for a cool $80 million. Then to top it off, he buys a scratch off lottery ticket, just for fun, and wins a jackpot that pays him $100,000 a month...for life. This dude is good. I aint mad at him. It makes the college game fun. Congrats Kentucky and to their fans. These twins are special.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #17
beer
UCLA alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
His mom was won over by Kentucky's academics. Kentucky vs Maryland, and you're won over by KENTUCKY's academics.

source? did she say this during their announcement? this has got to be a joke.

if true, i'm sorry but that's horrible parenting. how do you lie to your child and tell them Kentucky's academics are good?

anyways. they did choose to go to a great basketball school and that's what should have won her over.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

Their academics.

As in how they will be able to blow off a semester, cheat the APR, and leave for the NBA. At Maryland they might actually have to do some work.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

How much can you learn in a year (probably a semester truthfully) at Kentucky?
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #20
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

So the tale of legendary recruiter continues.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #21
ukfan22
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Their academics.

As in how they will be able to blow off a semester, cheat the APR, and leave for the NBA. At Maryland they might actually have to do some work.

Except every player that has left early under Cal left in good academic standing (except Daniel Orton, who Cal did not recruit), they all went to class for the entire second semester.

Davis left with a 3.8
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #22
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
Except every player that has left early under Cal left in good academic standing (except Daniel Orton, who Cal did not recruit), they all went to class for the entire second semester.

Davis left with a 3.8
I have nothing against Cal or UK, but seriously, stop being naive. I'd say that if you said this about any school or any coach.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #23
ukfan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I have nothing against Cal or UK, but seriously, stop being naive. I'd say that if you said this about any school or any coach.

I'm not being naive.

Certainly they're not talking molecular biology or anything, but they go to class and do what they're supposed to do.

Unless you're implying some sort of university-sanctioned academic fraud, in which case I think you have us confused with a school that wears a lighter shade of blue.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #24
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
I'm not being naive.

Certainly they're not talking molecular biology or anything, but they go to class and do what they're supposed to do.

Unless you're implying some sort of university-sanctioned academic fraud, in which case I think you have us confused with a school that wears a lighter shade of blue.
Pretty much every big 6 program commits de facto academic fraud. I know of (granted, hearsay) specific cases at my beloved Purdue. A school with, no offense, much more to lose in academic integrity than gain in athletic reputation when compared to UK.

I have no doubt that UK players go to a specific room at a certain time of the week. I suppose we can call that a "class." Again, this happens at EVERY major program.

This is why I want the NCAA to end. Institutions of higher learning are the least ideal place for minor league sports a person could ever imagine. It undermines them both and it should embarrass the universities.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #25
ukfan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Pretty much every big 6 program commits de facto academic fraud. I know of (granted, hearsay) specific cases at my beloved Purdue. A school with, no offense, much more to lose in academic integrity than gain in athletic reputation when compared to UK.

I have no doubt that UK players go to a specific room at a certain time of the week. I suppose we can call that a "class." Again, this happens at EVERY major program.

This is why I want the NCAA to end. Institutions of higher learning are the least ideal place for minor league sports a person could ever imagine. It undermines them both and it should embarrass the universities.

Well Maryland is a "Big 6" program"

That's what I was originally responding to. I'm sure they enjoy some advantages as high profile athletes, but as you said, it's no different than any other school.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #26
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

I like Aaron Harrison, he's got all around game but man he's lacking explosiveness.
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:00 AM   #27
ukfan22

Kentucky's gonna get James Young tomorrow too

all three of these guys are plus shooters, can't wait to see them on the court together
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: