Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default First time Fantasy Team

Tell me what you think of my team and what changes you guys would do.

It's a 10 team, head to head points league and I picked 7th.

Deron Williams
Andrew Bynum
Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki
Greg Monroe
Joe Johnson
Eric Gordon
Klay Thompson
Mo Williams
Michael Kidd Gilchrist
Kevin Martin
Kawhi Leonard

What do you guys think? I've been thinking of dropping Leonard, here are some free agents of interest:

Omer Asik, Jeff Green, Jose Calderon, Bradley Beal, Derrick Rose, Shawn Marion....
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: First time Fantasy Team

Risky with Bynum and Gordon both having knee problems. Could pay off for you however. You've got some killer 3 point shooting and I reckon both Thompson and Monroe are good breakout candidates.

I'd probably pick up Asik as I reckon you need another big since you're depending on Bynum's knees to hold up the entire year and Nowitski will miss the first 6 weeks. That leaves you Gasol (Sharing front court time with Howard and now having Jamison to spell him off the bench) and Monroe as your only other PF/C players. At the very least Asik should pull down some rebounds and block some shots.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Risky with Bynum and Gordon both having knee problems. Could pay off for you however. You've got some killer 3 point shooting and I reckon both Thompson and Monroe are good breakout candidates.

I'd probably pick up Asik as I reckon you need another big since you're depending on Bynum's knees to hold up the entire year and Nowitski will miss the first 6 weeks. That leaves you Gasol (Sharing front court time with Howard and now having Jamison to spell him off the bench) and Monroe as your only other PF/C players. At the very least Asik should pull down some rebounds and block some shots.

Yeah I figure with the playoff format in the last few weeks of the season, I can risk grabbing some high risk injured players that could pay off big once I make it to the post season. Asik is also definitely on top of my waiver list. I'm also thinking of picking up Rose as soon as Dirk comes back to full form.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #4
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

definitely pick up asik (i'd drop MKG). just don't think MKG produces all that much this season. i think he's one of those players that are more valuable in real life than they are in fantasy. hold onto leonard...he's got a sweet stroke and pop loves him. he's also a really good rebounder for his size/position.

you're a bit light in assists so just keep an eye out on that.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-29-2012 at 04:21 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool

yeah i agree with everyone else. drop MKG was my first thought.. he's been sucking at preseason games (although some may some thats not relevant) but i'm sure theres other FA out there that you can pick up, like Green would easily be a better pick but since you are lacking assist, taking calderon would be a no brainer.
roffie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: