Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Dwane Casey

Is there something wrong with this guy's brain? I do not understand the logic behind this idiot's substitutions. Tonight vs philly was it for me.

I actually thought this guy was a good coach last year for changing the mindset of this team especially on the defensive end but this year... He has been beyond awful as a coach. Since he was against tanking last year and cost us a young building block because tanking wasnt "in his blood" but this season this guy looks like he wants to lose games with these substitutions.

Simply put I dun get it.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dwane Casey

Himself and Colangelo need to stop babying players that Colangelo gave 4+ year contracts too and just make decisions that help win the game.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

True but the sad thing is I thought this guy was a no nonsense type of coach. Seriously, I am missing mitchell who was also an idiot but could work with young players and wasnt afraid to bench those who were having bad games.

Man I havent been this piss since hedo was here. F*** Casey.

Last edited by Himan12 : 11-20-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Jrue Holiday is killing it. Who does Casey put in to guard him??

Jose Calderon.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Jrue Holiday is killing it. Who does Casey put in to guard him??

Jose Calderon.

I can understand Kyle Lowry not being subbed in. He needs to slowly be brought back and not pushed to be that saviour. You guys need to realize this.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I can understand Kyle Lowry not being subbed in. He needs to slowly be brought back and not pushed to be that saviour. You guys need to realize this.

Lowry played 29 minutes last night.. which is fine since hes coming back from injury. However atleast 26/29 minutes he had Calderon on the floor with him
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Hate to be critical, but why the hell wasn't he playing Val in crunch time?...JV was having a great game. Why not reward him with minutes down the stretch?
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Yeah bad subbing patterns has been a definite issue.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What's disappointing to me is how our defensive ratings have regressed from last year. We were 8th best in the league in opponent FG% at .435 which is now .459 and 27th. We held our opponents to 94ppg good for 9th best, we now allow 100 which is 26th. We were for once outrebounding our opponents and we've gone back to being one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. And, our offense is one of the worst and most inefficient in the league. Somethings gotta give.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
What's disappointing to me is how our defensive ratings have regressed from last year. We were 8th best in the league in opponent FG% at .435 which is now .459 and 27th. We held our opponents to 94ppg good for 9th best, we now allow 100 which is 26th. We were for once outrebounding our opponents and we've gone back to being one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. And, our offense is one of the worst and most inefficient in the league. Somethings gotta give.

This is interesting i.e. over 10 games. I was noting it as well.

"They say" coaching D is the hardest part of the NBA coaching job... yet when you actually look at the "middle of the pack" perfromance year over year and even within a season - you see huge variability.

I think last years improvement was a change in "coaching tone" but sustaining the commitment I guess is the "hard part"...

I wont count them out on d improvement for the remainder of the year but I dont think we should expect a repeat performance because only the truly top teams seem to be able to sustain.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
00playboy00
I brick open layups

00playboy00 has an OK reputation so far

I was thinking about this yesterday watching the game. Why was Calderon guarding Holiday down the stretch? why was JV not in the game? why did John Lucas get playing time over our 8th pick T-Ross?
00playboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

I was so high on Casey after he got this team to finally play defense, and changed the over all attitude/culture last season.

I'm starting to sour on him now.

Last night was just atrocious coaching. There's no way JoVal shouldn't have been in the game in the 4th quarter, plus I still don't know why Ross isn't getting consistent minutes.

His sub patterns have been awful all year.

And yes, for me as well, my biggest concern has been the regression of the defense.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Hate to be critical, but why the hell wasn't he playing Val in crunch time?...JV was having a great game. Why not reward him with minutes down the stretch?

His minutes with Val have been very strange. I remember after we lost the triple over-time game I was wondering why Val wasn't playing. Turns out he made two quick fouls in the third and was benched for the rest of the game. Triple overtime, Amir is fouled out, and we finished the game with AAron Gray.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: