Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Have reverted back to being a 1 footed leaper

After over 3 years of not being able to lift weights for power and explosiveness due to injury and about 30 less pounds on my frame... I am now a 1 footed leaper again lol. When I was younger I always jumped off 1 foot and then when I got into High School and started doing Squats and stuff I became a 2 footed leaper. I would be able to get 3 to 4 inches higher off 2 feet than with 1 and jumping off 1 would feel awkward somewhat if I wasn't in game just jumping to touch the rim or something.... And now it's the other way around lol only jumping off 2 still feels normal I just don't get as high. I only weigh about 165 now as opposed to 190/195 and wow what a difference. I am not as strong as I used to be, but physically moving my body around feels so much more natural despite having some injuries.

Has this happened to anyone else? I actually like it because lets just say I can completely get over my injuries and really be able to be explosive again... dunking off 1 foot when you have only a 7'7 reach and aren't able to palm the ball is way more realistic than trying to do it off 2 lol.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: