Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Rival Execs Think Gasol to Toronto?

Yeah, if Colangelo makes another franchise crippling move and MSLE doesn't can him, I'm leaving and never coming back. Not even if there's a FIRE!
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #17
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Yes, 3 places i'd absolutely love to see Bargs play. LA, NY and Philly

the moment he leaves the raptors, it will be the end of his time as NBA starter

he might start for a team in the first few games after the trade, but i expect him to be benched thereafter
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
This is totally hypothetical but if we were to give up both Calderon (who would help the Lakers significantly IMO) and Bargs for a 32 year old Pau Gasol we better be getting more out of it than that whether it be more players or some draft picks or something.

I like the deal straight up.

Gas is a professional. He would help change the direction of the team. Not win now... not really.. thats not what the deal is about.

Mentor Jonus - yes !

More importantly his deal expires in 2 seasons....

If I have my salary cap facts line up.....

Just as we need to (likely) sign KLow to a max deal...

1) Gasol comes off the cap at $20M
2) Amir comes off the books same time at $7 Mill ?
3) Landry enters the final year of his deal and as an expriing deal would seem to be "potentially attractive"

I would hope this deal gives the Raps the ability to retain and sign Ed Davis as well.

Klow Derozan Davis Jonus is a real good nuclueus. And if we still had say $12Million net cap space after the increases - we might be able to attract the impact wing player to that core.

I would cheer horse for that team in 2016.

Last edited by Jballer : 12-07-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #19
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

If we wanted a mentor for Val, then I'd rather get a cheap vet with a mean streak than Pau.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #20
clipse
I brick open layups

clipse has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
If we wanted a mentor for Val, then I'd rather get a cheap vet with a mean streak than Pau.

I don't think motivation is needed for Val. Seems to be a workhorse in the paint, and that rarely fades away. I see him keeping his aggressive nature.

What Val needs is refinement for his skills. If the season is lost (likely), might as well make the most of it by having Gasol teach the kid a thing or two.

Gasol needs to teach Val how to read the floor, pass out of the post, and work on when he should be shooting a 16-18 footer. Those are all things Gasol can show him.
clipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
this
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #22
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

No big man comes into the league 1st season - that would'nt benefit from playing time and mentoring from a guy like Pgas. The man is a professional.

Thats not a knock on Jonus at all...

I think playing with Gasol would do nothing more than accelerate his growth and protect him from being the sole target of hard knocks and fouls for the next two seasons as other teams will play hack a jonus if he continues to improve.

However that is the least important aspect of doing the deal straight up. Simply a side bennefit.

--

The main reasons stated is the cap freedom in 2 years - the timing of unrestricted FA - the culture change....

(still not positive I have it exact - Lowry has 2 years? Amir has 2 years? Landry has 3 ? )

I frankly agree with this article no reservation. Bad timing and all.. time to move on...

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...r-the-raptors/

Last edited by Jballer : 12-07-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #23
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

but ... Pau is European and that's different , at least to Val.
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: